TankJK: My Billet Rubi Build

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Good job Frank. Can't wait to see them shining bright! How did you know what size resistors to use? May ask you for your complete material list when you're all done ~ if you don't mind.

Not a problem. Krieger actually did this install already so I bought the same type he used.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Okay so I used the stock harness and wires the lights directly to it. Works great, no flickering so far.

I held off on the resistors because of the extreme heat they create. If I notice flickering I will wire up a relay.

Let there be light!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428815795.924237.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Started a project to fab up a rack for the rear of the Jeep. Picked up some 1/8" thick 1/2" square tubing. I welded them to be mounted in four of the six hard top mounting spots. Still have to drill out the holes, weld on some tie down points and paint.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432505362.784333.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432505373.707253.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Nice job! Looks like the ARB will slide under there too?

I like the bracket for the fire extinguisher where did you pick that up? Size?

Thanks, it should. Let me borrow yours and I'll let you know... ;)

I got the bracket and extinguisher from a buddy with "resources" it is stamped with "US Gov." :shock:

Trail JK

Lol... right.

I got the bracket and extinguisher from a buddy with "resources" it is stamped with "US Gov." :shock:

Shoot, if he has resources then hook a sister up then. 😁

JAGS

Hooked
Nice job! Looks like the ARB will slide under there too?

It will be a really tight fit even with the smaller ARB fridge. If you have the 50, it won't work. The top of the trunk deck is about an inch or two too low for the ARB to slide under.

I've been kicking around designs to try have the center portion raised a few inches. But Frank is on the something!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Okay today I drilled out the mounting holes, welded on the anchor points and mounted the rack up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432592956.453840.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432592973.736370.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432593013.456255.jpg

Now I will fab up something to go on top. Maybe even a removable center reinforcement post. Will update here when I make progress. (Still need to paint)

Last edited:
Top Bottom