TankJK: My Billet Rubi Build

10frank9

Web Wheeler
More features and paint, this is getting professional here. Are you certified for this level of work? ✌️

Certified? LOL. I am giving this a whirl, it may work, if so I saved some coin and made something different. Thanks for the compliment.:brows::yup:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
How's the rack progressing?

Bought a cargo net for it. Thinking I may throw a sheet of plywood on top and make a removable stability leg down the middle.

I will say I brought two bags of potting soil home yesterday and laid them on top of the rack, no issues.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Bought a cargo net for it. Thinking I may throw a sheet of plywood on top and make a removable stability leg down the middle.

I will say I brought two bags of potting soil home yesterday and laid them on top of the rack, no issues.

Sweet, sounds like you're ready! I took advantage of a little sale today and picked up the stuffy Security deck for myself so I can have a deck and the enclosed secure space when the top is off. Getting really excited for this trip, especially as I keep checking items off the list!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Sweet, sounds like you're ready! I took advantage of a little sale today and picked up the stuffy Security deck for myself so I can have a deck and the enclosed secure space when the top is off. Getting really excited for this trip, especially as I keep checking items off the list!

Sweet, those are nice trying to save some coin with my rack and have it be fairly easy to break down a a store.

Nice! Only a little ahead of me, I just clicked 18k

18k! Mine is a '13. :yup:

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Sweet, those are nice trying to save some coin with my rack and have it be fairly easy to break down a a store.

18k! Mine is a '13. :yup:

Yes you're right it is not as easy to free up the full space when I need it.

Yeah I drove it a ton last year but now only drive 4mi a day to BART. Our big trips we take the Jeep too, so hopefully it will see a lot less miles this year.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
After a 500 mile drive to Carson City, NV, thanks to the sharp eyes of Drtnwdr he spotted a leak on one of my 2 gallon RotoPax.

I flipped it upside down to get me to Rubicon Springs then fueled up. I spotted the problem was a pinhole crack at the bottom corner where the two plastic molds meet. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437423461.935778.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437423474.321248.jpg

I contacted RotoPax this morning and after drilling a 1/4" size hole in the side of the defective fuel pack, they shipped me off a new pack. Great customer service.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437423540.117058.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
After a 500 mile drive to Carson City, NV, thanks to the sharp eyes of Drtnwdr he spotted a leak on one of my 2 gallon RotoPax.

I flipped it upside down to get me to Rubicon Springs then fueled up. I spotted the problem was a pinhole crack at the bottom corner where the two plastic molds meet.

I contacted RotoPax this morning and after drilling a 1/4" size hole in the side of the defective fuel pack, they shipped me off a new pack. Great customer service.

View attachment 154854

Glad they took care of you. :thumb: Why the drill hole???

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Had some small LED lights sitting around to use a rock lights (or curb/parking lights as Overlander would say).

Made some brackets for the fronts: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442111115.424081.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442111306.052930.jpg
Mounted the rears in an existing hole in the coil tower:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442111252.616958.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442111289.485909.jpg
I'll grab some nighttime shots in a bit for good measure.

I am officially done with lights for TankJK. Rear ambers, front spots, fogs and rock lights is all I need.

Top Bottom