Tax time…what are you buying?

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
My return will be helping to pay for my Jeep Beach excursion and the fuel/lodging for the return trip back to South Florida from Trail Jeeps in Colorado (2,000 miles).....

~Woodrow~

big dr

I always claim single/0. I don't like letting the Gov't use my money for the year,, but I like the bonus check in Feb/April. I'll be ordering an Atlas pretty soon, and tearing up the 15 yr old carpet in my house to polish and stain the cement. All thanks to my government forced savings account.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The IRS has stolen my coilovers and axel upgrade. I'm sure my money will go to good use funding those who don't like to work, but do like to party. King Cobras and hot Cheetos for everyone.

Yours as well? :doh:

My wife and I work for the state. We have to pay in state taxes every year. :thinking: How the hell does that work? We have them take out all they can through the year, yet the don't take enough. Blows our minds really.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
This year didn't turn up a tax refund for us neither, we had to pay the state this year :grayno:

We will have to see what next year will bring us :rolleyes2:

MTG

Caught the Bug
WTF is a tax refund.......

LOL!

Hey man, was that really called for? Trust me I haven't seen one in a long time either. :crazyeyes: In fact, between my 2014 IRA contributions that had to be made before the 15th, additional tax payments, and shower repair I think Knuckles could have easily been rolling on 60s and DTD/Evolever.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yours as well? :doh:

My wife and I work for the state. We have to pay in state taxes every year. :thinking: How the hell does that work? We have them take out all they can through the year, yet the don't take enough. Blows our minds really.

When I worked for the city, owed them a couple dollars every year.. Ummmm

JAGS

Hooked
This is the first time in four years I don't have to drop thousands in payments or even more to IRA contributions to "remove" income.

I'm getting a few hundred back from the Feds, which I'll probably blow on a round of drinks for the Moan trip. 😉👍 Cheers to Uncle Sam. Guess it's still better than nothing.

GCM 2

LOL!

Hey man, was that really called for? Trust me I haven't seen one in a long time either. :crazyeyes: In fact, between my 2014 IRA contributions that had to be made before the 15th, additional tax payments, and shower repair I think Knuckles could have easily been rolling on 60s and DTD/Evolever.

You caught me at a moment of weakness. My apologies. I am not a greedy person by nature, but the tax issue makes me want to football punt about 300 kittens onto a busy freeway. I am not sure how that act of aggression would really help solve any tax burden issues, but it makes me feel like a virtual internet badass.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
You caught me at a moment of weakness. My apologies. I am not a greedy person by nature, but the tax issue makes me want to football punt about 300 kittens onto a busy freeway. I am not sure how that act of aggression would really help solve any tax burden issues, but it makes me feel like a virtual internet badass.

If anyone is artistic, I would love to see a cartoon of Greg kicking kittens..

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I can't stop laughing at the image in my head

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
I'm a couple of weeks away from a new Wrangler, unless a truly badass used Wrangler comes along so cheap, I can't let it go.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ya know, I can't remember the last time I got a tax return.... maybe back when I was a short order cook back when I was a kid. Pretty much my whole life, I've been having to pay out every year. That being said, this is the very first year (and maybe the only one) that I AM actually getting a small return and it's all because Cindy and I moved to the great State of Nevada!

:rock:

dwmgcs

Unfortunately in the middle of remodeling both houses so it's all going to building materials, but if I get them both done this summer then I can justify all of the Jeep mods I have planned for next winter.

HoosierWolf

"...great State of Nevada!" Congrats on escaping to the free world. ;)

My return is going for bills. Kinda happy about it though. CC should be paid off so now the money we were paying towards that is freed up. Good things are ahead.:thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug

I find the issue of paying taxes rather ironic. Particularly when people bitch about paying so much in taxes. I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy (well, maybe not as much as you apparently do ;)), but the alternative would be much worse. :eek:

MTG

Caught the Bug
ya know, I can't remember the last time I got a tax return.... maybe back when I was a short order cook back when I was a kid. Pretty much my whole life, I've been having to pay out every year. That being said, this is the very first year (and maybe the only one) that I AM actually getting a small return and it's all because Cindy and I moved to the great State of Nevada!

:rock:

No state income tax is great! What really annoyed me was living in Nevada and having to file a California state return. :mad:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I owe just over a grand. That's after paying in more than enough to fund the pro rock 60/80 axles I want. Married with one kid and a second one due in just over a month. Hate to imagine what I'd pay being single. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to pay the bastards. On the bright side, I only owe the state or Arizona $30.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
If anyone is artistic, I would love to see a cartoon of Greg kicking kittens..



I can't stop laughing at the image in my head

I can't believe what I'm finding on a little known Syrian Jeep Forum. GCM2 is apparently a cat whisperer while oversees. Here I thought he was some bad ass secret mission dude and co-pilot of EVO1.

Cat WhispererGCM2.jpg

Top Bottom