Tea, Crumpets, and JK Dual Steering Stabilizers

David1tontj

Clearly u don't want to listen to people on this thread and ur dual stabalizers are pointless !! U talk about waisting money yet u waisted all this time and money on a ridiculous bandaid maybes that's how land rovers guys are but we are diff. People have given u great info and u choose not to listen so that's on you good luck with your DW.

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Well- to be fair, his dual ss setup IS currently preventing his DW. Though it may not have fixed it, and is currently just masking the problem, he is currently without the symptoms.

Band-aid yes, but pointless- no.

I think we've all thrown band-aids on at one point or another. He seems to just be working with limited support and funds.

Keep searching for it when you have time OP- you'll find it!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Jackal01

Apparently Sharkey's post was before the internet was invented.
1410147547649.jpg

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tigrcky

ok first off nice job on the 4.0 swap, i did notice in your last picture that the shop used clamp and sticky weights on the visible rim, you only need to use one type. how much weight do you have on each tire? if its more then 5 ozs i would suggest having the shop spin the tire 180 degrees on the rim which might require less weight to balance each wheel setup. that possibly could be the issue at hand here, worth a shot and make the shop redo it at their expense. :thumb: good luck

jk12blk

Hey guys. Been getting death wobble on my JK at low speeds like 15-20 mph on certain bumps and pot holes in a few places on the road for a long time. All new steering and ball joints, 7 degrees of caster, tires rotated and balanced, tires rotated on rim and rebalanced, Brakes are not dragging. So I made a new mounting area for the steering stabilizer behind the drag ling on the long side axle tube for protection of the piston from road dirt and salt. fitted a pro comp steering stabilizer as its the firmest I could get in the UK. This helped about 30%. So I decided to build another stablizer mount along the tie rod. It is in place of the sway bar bracket on the frame but if I wanted to run a sway bar I could trim the new mount to slot the sway bar saddle cap in there. This mod has removed all shakes and death wobble completely. The whole vehicle feels much more rigid as there were obviously minor shakes I had gotten used too which are now evidently eliminated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

yeah, Ive felt the death wobble before. It was when I was running goodyear mtr and raceline beadlocks. could not narrow it down so changed to maxxis treps and atx beadlocks and never looked back. death wobble no more. what type of tire are you running chief? talk to me.

JKUndaunted

Clearly u don't want to listen to people on this thread and ur dual stabalizers are pointless !! U talk about waisting money yet u waisted all this time and money on a ridiculous bandaid maybes that's how land rovers guys are but we are diff. People have given u great info and u choose not to listen so that's on you good luck with your DW.

Woah steady on! I have listened and I have read the death wobble thread. I dont know what else to say. Re reading the same things again is not going to help and you getting aggressive is not going to help either. I cant do anything else at this point other than relocate my track bar. I have tried everything else. What do you want from me?

JKUndaunted

yeah, Ive felt the death wobble before. It was when I was running goodyear mtr and raceline beadlocks. could not narrow it down so changed to maxxis treps and atx beadlocks and never looked back. death wobble no more. what type of tire are you running chief? talk to me.

Im running stock gladiator wheels with steel teraflex spacers and 35x12.5r18 hankook RT03. I Do think they could be contributing but I had such a mission even trying to get 4 of them due to poor uk support. At one point I had brought 2 as they had no more and where awaiting stock. 1 year later still no stock. Managed to find another one while on the phone to a different tire shop about 4 different tyres as I had lost hope and he told me he had a new hankook dumped in the corner that nobody had bought. So now I had 3. Got the 4th one from France 4 months later. It was like a nightmare. So im kinda stuck with them for now.

JKUndaunted

I tell you what is funny. It does the death wobble when I drive past the grave of pocahontas! It's like she is possessing my jeep and trying to steer it toward the Atlantic ocean!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Woah steady on! I have listened and I have read the death wobble thread. I dont know what else to say. Re reading the same things again is not going to help and you getting aggressive is not going to help either. I cant do anything else at this point other than relocate my track bar. I have tried everything else. What do you want from me?

you clearly dont read the threads because i previously stated that if you raise your trackbar YOU MUST do a drag link flip as well. the trackbar and the drag link on the JK, yes a JK not a land rover, must be parallel.

maybe you should recheck your alignment again
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment
or check your torque settings on all your bolts
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-torque-settings
or reread the death wobble thread :yup:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...s-What-it-isn-t-and-What-You-Can-Do-to-Fix-it

JKUndaunted

you clearly dont read the threads because i previously stated that if you raise your trackbar YOU MUST do a drag link flip as well.
Only if you buy the track bar bracket which goes with the drag link flip. They generally raise the track bar 3 inches. I am not going to raise it 3 inches. 1.5 to 2 inches will bring my track bar parallel to my drag link. And I cant make it like a bland rover because the track bar is not the same length as the drag link. I never said I was going to make it like a land rover.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Only if you buy the track bar bracket which goes with the drag link flip. They generally raise the track bar 3 inches. I am not going to raise it 3 inches. 1.5 to 2 inches will bring my track bar parallel to my drag link. And I cant make it like a bland rover because the track bar is not the same length as the drag link. I never said I was going to make it like a land rover.

wow, so you're going to raise your front track bar bracket 2" and not do anything to your draglink to fix your bumpsteer? :thinking: well, let be know how that turns out for you.

JKUndaunted

wow, so you're going to raise your front track bar bracket 2" and not do anything to your draglink to fix your bumpsteer? :thinking: well, let be know how that turns out for you.

Yes it will work. I know it will. I have been building suspension for years. Just because you read something that someone wrote does not make it right. The fact that the drag link and track bar are different lengths is a poor design but I accept that because jeeps kill everything else off road. Stock jk's get bump steer which is why the wheel moves left and right driving thru dips and over hump backed bridges at speed when going straight on road. The design is flawed but I love jeeps so I will fix it myself. When im ready. please stop trying to ram things I have already read down my throat because I am frankly bored with hearing it. And not all of the information is correct. I have replaced every joint and torqued every bolt. The wheel bearings are brand new and the bushings are in great condition. Thank you for your concern and everyone else who has tried to help but I can do nothing more at this point. Good day to you sir.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes it will work. I know it will. I have been building suspension for years. Just because you read something that someone wrote does not make it right. The fact that the drag link and track bar are different lengths is a poor design but I accept that because jeeps kill everything else off road. Stock jk's get bump steer which is why the wheel moves left and right driving thru dips and over hump backed bridges at speed when going straight on road. The design is flawed but I love jeeps so I will fix it myself. When im ready. please stop trying to ram things I have already read down my throat because I am frankly bored with hearing it. And not all of the information is correct. I have replaced every joint and torqued every bolt. The wheel bearings are brand new and the bushings are in great condition. Thank you for your concern and everyone else who has tried to help but I can do nothing more at this point. Good day to you sir.

why ask a question then if you dont want the help?

JKUndaunted

why ask a question then if you dont want the help?

I didnt ask for any help dude. I am eternally grateful to everybody trying to help. I understand that people are trying to help and assume that I may have missed something. I may well have done. However I have covered all bases and constantly repeating myself gets tiresome. This 3 hour project was an attempt to nip it in the bud while I had some steel and a stabilizer in my garage. It stopped the wobble and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I dont appreciate people ganging up on me and telling me my time and efforts are wasted when they are cleary not.

I didnt ask for any help dude. I am eternally grateful to everybody trying to help. I understand that people are trying to help and assume that I may have missed something. I may well have done. However I have covered all bases and constantly repeating myself gets tiresome. This 3 hour project was an attempt to nip it in the bud while I had some steel and a stabilizer in my garage. It stopped the wobble and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I dont appreciate people ganging up on me and telling me my time and efforts are wasted when they are cleary not.

Then why exactly ARE you here? To be perfectly honest, nobody here gives a rat's ass ( however large they are in the UK ),about the stupid bracket you made to mask an even bigger problem you have. We tried to help, but clearly you don't want it and are just here for a pat on the back since making a bracket somehow makes you an engineer in your small world, so take your problems someplace else, you're just wasting our time and yours here.

JKUndaunted

Then why exactly ARE you here? To be perfectly honest, nobody here gives a rat's ass ( however large they are in the UK ),about the stupid bracket you made to mask an even bigger problem you have. We tried to help, but clearly you don't want it and are just here for a pat on the back since making a bracket somehow makes you an engineer in your small world, so take your problems someplace else, you're just wasting our time and yours here.

How about FUCK YOU! I have been gracious and accepting off all input. Do you realise that some people fight death wobble and never win! Some vehicles have it when driven out of the fucking showroom. I am showing that there is hope and it can be controlled in another way if it is minor and infrequent enough to be impossible to find. If I get banned I dont give a fuck you rude self righteous prick. Thank all those with an open mind who have been accepting and supportive and fuck all of you know it all and fuck all.

Top Bottom