Telluride CO 2015

el_chupo_

Looks like I am booked for the first week of September. About to pick up some books to research, can you recommend one or two of those as the best bets?

Anyone else have a list of stuff to try to hit? We will be spending a couple days with the wifes mom and step dad, they will be on 4 wheelers, and then the second half of the week we will be rolling out in the Jeep with out them.

Thanks!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Looks like I am booked for the first week of September. About to pick up some books to research, can you recommend one or two of those as the best bets?

Anyone else have a list of stuff to try to hit? We will be spending a couple days with the wifes mom and step dad, they will be on 4 wheelers, and then the second half of the week we will be rolling out in the Jeep with out them.

Thanks!

I bought the book in the lower left corner of the picture that you quoted, along with a topo map of the area. Both were purchased at shops in Silverton. I bought the book in one shop and then a couple days later bought the topo map. I didn't see the map when I bought the book at the first shop. I like the book and being able to lay the map out and see all of the trails together is nice. It helped me since we had never been in the area and I could look at which trail connected to which trail or which trails were close so I could plan the day. I have seen another book for the area that looks good but can't remember the name of it. What little bit I thumbed through it, it seemed like it would be worthwhile also. If possible you might try to find them somewhere near you or order them offline. The book I bought was almost $40, I'm sure it would be cheaper elsewhere but that was also my "souvenir" from Silverton as I didn't really buy a tshirt or anything. Lol.

el_chupo_

I was going to order off Amazon to get an idea, and I figured I would find a shop or two up there to get additional details. The one you mention is a little over $30 on Amazon, think I may get that headed here soon.

Thanks!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I was going to order off Amazon to get an idea, and I figured I would find a shop or two up there to get additional details. The one you mention is a little over $30 on Amazon, think I may get that headed here soon.

Thanks!

No problem. If you don't get them in time there should be a couple of different shops in Silverton that had several of the same books. Should be easy enough to find one there.

Edit to add: I'm sure you could find a shop in Telluride and Ouray also.

JeepJam

We did black bear into telluride yesterday. Very eroded and washed out but doable. Off the bucket list! Pictures coming!

JeepJeep75

In Ouray, check the book store that is in the same building as the Beaumont Hotel. They have a whole section of off-road books. They also have a TON of books on all the mining history of that area.

Top Bottom