Telluride CO 2015

shawnrobison77

I always try to go to CO before or after the FJ summit because of that reason.
Black Bear is not hard just has some pucker factor. So what else are/have you ran?

Black Bear, Imogene, California Gulch & Pass, Cinnamon Pass, Poughkeepsie Gulch, and Wagner Gulch. Engineer was boring so we did tours instead.

dillard09

Black Bear, Imogene, California Gulch & Pass, Cinnamon Pass, Poughkeepsie Gulch, and Wagner Gulch. Engineer was boring so we did tours instead.

Very nice group of hi country runs! Which is your favorite? How much longer yall there? Some more hardcore trails up the road around Montrose. I have yet to take any of them but was just talking about some of the them with Mel on Friday at ORE.

Remlap

Black Bear Pass and Imogene completed today... There was a freaking FJ Cruiser "jamboree", held up everything a bit but they were great people. We'll be on Poughkeepsie, Cali Gulch, and Cinnamon Pass tomorrow if anyone is in the area!

View attachment 154317
View attachment 154318

Would you happen to be the fellas' with balls of steel that went over that optional waterfall on the Ouray side of Imogene?

If so, I'm the guy that complimented your bravery and made the excuse that I only brought one pair of shorts, well done on what looked like to me that you better "Get the right line or die"...

We had quite the adventure with them FJ boys on Poughkeepsie that day though - Thursday the 16th.

After waiting a half hour for the last couple in a group to be winched up "the wall", a couple of them came back down it and a mix of us waiting our turn thought they were heading opposite direction for some reason. Apparently they just wanted another crack at it, unfortunately the first guy took one too many tries and flopped (2015 nicely built 4Runner, I'll omit pictures out of respect for the owner)

I can understand wanting another go at something that has defeated you, but if other folks are waiting perhaps karma prefers you let them go first. He was okay though and that is what ultimately counts. Plus my family and I got to find out how loud goddamn airbags are, Holy Shit..

What wound up taking us 20 seconds according to my wife's video, was more than a 2 hour wait ha-ha.

Can't wait to do it all over again next year,.. one week later!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Would you happen to be the fellas' with balls of steel that went over that optional waterfall on the Ouray side of Imogene?

If so, I'm the guy that complimented your bravery and made the excuse that I only brought one pair of shorts, well done on what looked like to me that you better "Get the right line or die"...

We had quite the adventure with them FJ boys on Poughkeepsie that day though - Thursday the 16th.

After waiting a half hour for the last couple in a group to be winched up "the wall", a couple of them came back down it and a mix of us waiting our turn thought they were heading opposite direction for some reason. Apparently they just wanted another crack at it, unfortunately the first guy took one too many tries and flopped (2015 nicely built 4Runner, I'll omit pictures out of respect for the owner)

I can understand wanting another go at something that has defeated you, but if other folks are waiting perhaps karma prefers you let them go first. He was okay though and that is what ultimately counts. Plus my family and I got to find out how loud goddamn airbags are, Holy Shit..

What wound up taking us 20 seconds according to my wife's video, was more than a 2 hour wait ha-ha.

:worthless:

Post the pics AND the video. :yup:

Remlap

:worthless:

Post the pics AND the video. :yup:

Hahaha okay, I got a distant shot that won't identify the poor guy, I think I'll be able to figure that out on my Iphone.

But I tried the video and it won't upload straight to Wayalife, I'm a bit lost on that one but I'll snoop around and see if I can figure it out.

Hang on...

shawnrobison77

Nice! Didn't even spin the tires.

Anyone take a line on the left side of the big rock in middle?

We weren't able to make it, it was raining and the mist was upon us, just spun. Not a single ride with us could. Such a sad day. I'll post more pics once we consolidate pics.

shawnrobison77

We drive all over Imogene but my wife says we did do the waterfall but I don't honestly remember. She was having a hard time being on the cliff side the entire time and remembers a lot more lol.

Remlap

Nice! Didn't even spin the tires.

Anyone take a line on the left side of the big rock in middle?

By the time we went it was just us and a few UTV's. The four seaters make easy work of it but no wild lines that day. If I ever get the coin to set mine up better I'll make more interesting choices haha.

They are almost done blasting a bypass road up there though, so get ready for tours there as well.

dillard09

By the time we went it was just us and a few UTV's. The four seaters make easy work of it but no wild lines that day. If I ever get the coin to set mine up better I'll make more interesting choices haha.

They are almost done blasting a bypass road up there though, so get ready for tours there as well.

I hear ya! Was it wet at all when that FJ rolled?

Bummer! That means rental jeeps will be up there. That's a great business but I liked when I could get away from them.

Remlap

We drive all over Imogene but my wife says we did do the waterfall but I don't honestly remember. She was having a hard time being on the cliff side the entire time and remembers a lot more lol.

Funny, I heard the same from mine.. This may be one of you then, hard to spot but lining up on the far left/middle of the picture in the trees. Crossing was a big pool in the middle of the rushing waterfall which was just a trickle when we were there last year.

Such a cool area

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 83

JeepJam

Awesome pictures! Thank you for posting. We are departing Sun July 26th, and will arrive @ Black Bear on the afternoon of July 27th. Does anyone know how rain changes the conditions on Black Bear Pass? Would you attempt the trail if it were raining?

shawnrobison77

Funny, I heard the same from mine.. This may be one of you then, hard to spot but lining up on the far left/middle of the picture in the trees. Crossing was a big pool in the middle of the rushing waterfall which was just a trickle when we were there last year.

Such a cool area

Oh man, I don't think we did that waterfall! The clouds were thick with mist and rain. Next time!

I've been corrected by the wife and buddy with us... They both said we did it twice apparently lol

Last edited:

Remlap

Well done, you guys offered to spot me I should have taken y'all up on it but thanks anyway.

Nice Jeeps!

shawnrobison77

Awesome pictures! Thank you for posting. We are departing Sun July 26th, and will arrive @ Black Bear on the afternoon of July 27th. Does anyone know how rain changes the conditions on Black Bear Pass? Would you attempt the trail if it were raining?

Black Bear was fine this weekend, depends on how much rain, how good your tires and brakes are, and if you have a spotter who knows what they're doing lol.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I tell you I cannot wait to get back up there! So has there been the afternoon shower about everyday?

We only seen rain on Monday afternoon. We were riding the bus back from Silverton after we rode the train from Durango up to Silverton. Other than that it has been awesome weather.

Top Bottom