Teraflex 3 inch lift with flex arm

sm31

The Teraflex thing is really confusing to me. Maybe it's excellent marketing... I don't know. But I don't recall seeing such overall disparity of opinion vs. fact pertaining to the Jeep aftermarket.

A hugely popular... maybe THE most popular Jeep forum (which I shall not name) is quite high on Teraflex lifts... to the point where an open ended question like "what's your favorite lift" is likely to get several positive Teraflex responses before anything else.

With that in mind, I can see how people mistakenly believe their research is sound and these products are OK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Teraflex thing is really confusing to me. Maybe it's excellent marketing... I don't know. But I don't recall seeing such overall disparity of opinion vs. fact pertaining to the Jeep aftermarket.

A hugely popular... maybe THE most popular Jeep forum (which I shall not name) is quite high on Teraflex lifts... to the point where an open ended question like "what's your favorite lift" is likely to get several positive Teraflex responses before anything else.

:cheesy: Well hell, with hype like that, I don't know how anyone could hold back and not ask, WHAT "hugely popular... maybe THE most popular Jeep forum" you're referring to? :rolleyes2:

With that in mind, I can see how people mistakenly believe their research is sound and these products are OK.

Some of us don't need to rely on "research" done on "hugely popular... maybe THE most popular Jeep forum" on the internet. Some of us can go off of our own personal experiences over the last 10 years, installing and testing their products on our own JK's and seeing for ourselves the kind of quality they really have.

JDDK

my 09 came with a TF 2.5 or 3inch kit. Chiropractor needed for sure. total crap. listen to the guys on THIS forum and you won't regret it.

jesse3638

Hooked

Its hard for most people who have spent their hard earned money to speak bad about a purchase they made. This admits a mistake and most people do not like to do that. Also there are a lot of people on this forum who have experience with more than one product. The people you speak of may or may not have this personal experience so its easy to say "Teraflex kicks ass!" when they in fact have never used or ridden in any other vehicle with a different lift which rides differently. I'm happy with my lift (Full Traction) but can't compare it to anything else as I've run nothing else. I trust the friends I've made on here and their word so if I decide to go a different route I'll listen to what they have to say.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Dude, there are some people here, that wheel extremely hard that have run Teraflex in the past, including the owner of this forum. You see some of them in the videos Wayoflife makes. When they tell me it breaks, I believe them.

Now, for someone that just runs pavement, wants a tall Jeep, and doesn’t mind a stiff ride, I’m sure Teraflex is the shit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

Some of us don't need to rely on "research" done on "hugely popular... maybe THE most popular Jeep forum" on the internet. Some of us can go off of our own personal experiences over the last 10 years, installing and testing their products on our own JK's and seeing for ourselves the kind of quality they really have.

LOL... that's why I'm here. :)

But it is amusing to go see what's happening "over there" occasionally.

Dude, there are some people here, that wheel extremely hard that have run Teraflex in the past, including the owner of this forum. You see some of them in the videos Wayoflife makes.

Yep... Maybe I need to clarify that when I typed "Opinion vs. Fact" I was referring to this situation.

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Teraflex does great marketing. A lot of people may be drawn in by that.

Any decent lift is going to be fairly expensive, especially if you’re paying someone for the installation.

Lots of people here have, like, and recommend EVO. I have a Synergy lift, which has been excellent for me in the 5 years I’ve had it.

Bottom line, do a lot of research before pulling the trigger. Also don’t try to cheap out. If you want to run 37s, it’s going to be expensive and buying cheap now will only mean you spent twice later.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I actually run this lift and as others have mentioned, it will give you more than 3 inches of lift.

I run the Alpine Arms, not the Arms In the picture. I had a problem in the beginning with instructions. They are very confusing, not very clear and after calling them, the answers I was looking for were not straightforward.

I have 15k miles on this lift and haven’t broken anything. I also DO NOT Wheel it hard like others. The suspension is stiffer than the factory Rubicon suspension. Doesn’t flex as much as other jeeps I’ve seen on Instagram. I got about 4 1/4 inch of total lift before bumpers and winch. Teraflex claimed it would “settle”, that wasn’t the case. I took adding a couple hundred pounds of bumpers and winch to bring it down 1/2 inch.

If I would of done more research before buying it, I would of gone with a lift a little softer although it’s not terribly hard but stiffer than factory.

Good luck with your install.

Personally, I think the factory Rubicon springs are hard.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
It’s also worth adding that exhaust spacers suck. Just get a new driveshaft, you’ll be better off in the long run.

lol, so true. When I did my first lift (AEV, of which I have very few pieces left), I was recommended modifying the exhaust, so I did. I cut the Y pipe and added a dropped exhaust pipe to make room for factory drive shaft which ended up failing and was upgraded anyway. I also have a nice crossmember skid plate sitting in my garage (for couple months now) which I can’t install because my crossover exhaust pipe sits too low now. Now it’s gonna cost me even more time and money to replace the Y pipe so I can install my skid....
OP, Listen to people on Wayalife, they really know what they are talking about. It’ll save you money on the long run

TRLJNKY

And a budget boost would be fine off roading?

Budget Boost here with 35's,D30, and yes I go play. Im just holding out until I can afford an Enforcer kit. Jeep does surprisingly really well with this setup. So much so that I am actually focusing on other needs or wants until I can complete the regear and than lift it.

aka cavfighter

Top Bottom