Teraflex big brake kit... Worth it?

thombull

The front TF kit comes with pads but the rear kit does not. You use regular rear pads. As far as cost, the TF cost for front and back is more for both kits then the Dynatrac kit.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I was asking because I can buy the front kit that is just larger rotors a caliper brackets for 285, that's why I'm asking.

Sent from my E6820TM using WAYALIFE mobile app

Larger rotors will help vs standard. Most of your stopping power comes from the front brakes. With that kit you don't need to change the master cylinder or bleed the system and you use the stock calipers. So for a little money you will get a benefit, but it won't be as good as a four wheel kit.

Basscat

I'm considering doing the teraflex big brake kit on the front of my jk. I'm running 35s on my standard 2016 jkr. Is it worth the coin for the kit?

Both Teraflex and Dynatrac do better than stock. The Teraflex Big Brake kit will provide a noticeable improvement if you do both front and rear plus the Big Bore Master cylinder. Ran it on JKUR with 37s and braking was much better with zero nose dive.

Running Dynatrac kit now with larger axle / tire setup and it performs great with zero nose dive as well.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

robx251

Caught the Bug
Both Teraflex and Dynatrac do better than stock. The Teraflex Big Brake kit will provide a noticeable improvement if you do both front and rear plus the Big Bore Master cylinder. Ran it on JKUR with 37s and braking was much better with zero nose dive.

Running Dynatrac kit now with larger axle / tire setup and it performs great with zero nose dive as well.

I wish that I had the coin to drop on the Dyantrac kit as well but I'm just looking for a modest improvement in stopping. Plus if I do go for 37s next time around for tires... But I would really like to do a pro rock before that.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I wish that I had the coin to drop on the Dyantrac kit as well but I'm just looking for a modest improvement in stopping. Plus if I do go for 37s next time around for tires... But I would really like to do a pro rock before that.

Okay. Dynatrac are $300.00 more, for 4 brakes, than Teraflex is for 2. For 4 brakes, Teraflex is more expensive.

You said you have 35's? If money is the main concern, just run the stock brakes, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

I run 37s on factory brakes for like 3 years now. Just remember you are driving a jeep not a sports car. I do plan on adding progrips though

Ddays

Hooked
I run 37s on factory brakes for like 3 years now. Just remember you are driving a jeep not a sports car. I do plan on adding progrips though

Ever had issues with brakes not working very well while in 4LO? I don't know if it was just me but before I went to the Pro-Grips I've had a few "stop, stop, stop, STOP!, " moments on the trail. Usually when you were approaching a ledge or some such. :eek:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Ever had issues with brakes not working very well while in 4LO? I don't know if it was just me but before I went to the Pro-Grips I've had a few "stop, stop, stop, STOP!, " moments on the trail. Usually when you were approaching a ledge or some such. :eek:

I did couple times, only after going through the creek and when brakes were wet. Coming down a hill

Andy5160

Hooked

No worries Jerry they make an adult diapers for such situation at the fraction of the upgrade cost [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

notnalc68

I did, with 33's, coming down the first part of Black Bear Pass. It was hard to get my 2 door to stop, completely, or go as slow as I wanted too. That's after I put the 4:1 t case in it.

WJCO

Meme King
ProGrips saved my ass twice already in the WJ, and I only did the front. One of the times was I was about 5 feet from hitting a bike that pulled out in front of me. Luckily I was going fairly slow. I stopped mere inches from hitting him. I guarantee the OEM brakes wouldn't have stopped the Jeep as fast.

schnauzer

Both setups are good, I ended going with the Dynatracs, it was a very easy install. I now have great control coming off of ledges where with my stock brakes I would literally drop right off of them. With the dynatrac setup wheel clearance is an issue quite a few 17's don't clear and if they do its only by a 1/4 and you will need to move wheel weights around to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notnalc68

Both setups are good, I ended going with the Dynatracs, it was a very easy install. I now have great control coming off of ledges where with my stock brakes I would literally drop right off of them. With the dynatrac setup wheel clearance is an issue quite a few 17's don't clear and if they do its only by a 1/4 and you will need to move wheel weights around to make it work.

Dynatrac told me, a light bit of grinding, on the caliper is okay, also.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Both setups are good, I ended going with the Dynatracs

ahhhh..... BOTH setups are BETTER than stock...

I wouldn't call "slapping on any bigger rotors and larger calipers" *Good* ... Math and physics exist for a reason... Dynatrac DID the math, they observed the physics, and they developed a braking system specifically FOR the jeep... :thinking:

the sum of this thread seems OVERWHELMINGLY obvious... but I'll go ahead a spell it out.

1. Go with Teraflex BBK if it's free, then save your money and Upgrade to the Progrips
  2. Buy the progrips from the start and be happy

schnauzer

you wont regret getting the progrips, its always nice to mod your jeep and immediately notice a night and day difference especially when safety comes into play. My jk stops faster than my wifes stock sahara.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Another vote for progrips. They've already saved me from an accident. I slammed to a stop with only a few feet to spare. That made the $1000 investment well worth it!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
ahhhh..... BOTH setups are BETTER than stock...

I wouldn't call "slapping on any bigger rotors and larger calipers" *Good* ... Math and physics exist for a reason... Dynatrac DID the math, they observed the physics, and they developed a braking system specifically FOR the jeep... :thinking:

the sum of this thread seems OVERWHELMINGLY obvious... but I'll go ahead a spell it out.

1. Go with Teraflex BBK if it's free, then save your money and Upgrade to the Progrips
  2. Buy the progrips from the start and be happy

What's number 3? [emoji848]

Top Bottom