Teraflex HD Hinge not flush?

Dreadedsoldier

I imagine most here wearing affliction shirts having vaping competitions to see who can blow the biggest "clouds". Don't understand why it always turns into this on these threads. I'm into seeing the world by vehicle and testing my vehicle off-road, think that's called overlanding, so who cares what some like to do. I'm not into beating the ever living crap out of my 42k Jeep. Guess somehow that's a bad thing? I watch all the WoL vids and think that's awesome, but I wouldn't go do something like that because I don't care to scrape and dent it up.

Now onto the thread. If the teraflex hinge was such a horrible design why would Mopar start selling it and put it on the RedRock? It's really clean and looks the most oem. There are 2 other guys I work with that have rubi's that have installed it too, we all love it. As for the price I got mine for around 500 for the whole kit. Other alternatives for that price? I guess a smittybuilt carrier/bumper combo that looks extremely cheap in my opinion. I'll stick with the teraflex combo until I've got a reason to change it out. Get you those pics soon :)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I imagine most here wearing affliction shirts having vaping competitions to see who can blow the biggest "clouds". Don't understand why it always turns into this on these threads. I'm into seeing the world by vehicle and testing my vehicle off-road, think that's called overlanding, so who cares what some like to do. I'm not into beating the ever living crap out of my 42k Jeep. Guess somehow that's a bad thing? I watch all the WoL vids and think that's awesome, but I wouldn't go do something like that because I don't care to scrape and dent it up.

Now onto the thread. If the teraflex hinge was such a horrible design why would Mopar start selling it and put it on the RedRock? It's really clean and looks the most oem. There are 2 other guys I work with that have rubi's that have installed it too, we all love it. As for the price I got mine for around 500 for the whole kit. Other alternatives for that price? I guess a smittybuilt carrier/bumper combo that looks extremely cheap in my opinion. I'll stick with the teraflex combo until I've got a reason to change it out. Get you those pics soon :)

I'm not into spending 42k and putting a cheap ass Chinese tire carrier on it either..,

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

No need for picture. Spare me the data.
I'm not into spending 42k and putting a cheap ass Chinese tire carrier on it either..,
Exactly!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If the stock hinge on a JK/JKU is sooooo shitty and needs to be replaced, how has mine been supporting a 35 for a year and a half? :thinking:

Dreadedsoldier

If the stock hinge on a JK/JKU is sooooo shitty and needs to be replaced, how has mine been supporting a 35 for a year and a half? :thinking:

It's more of a piece of mind thing. Maybe one day your spot welds will break, maybe they won't. Good on you for doing what you think is best!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
It's more of a piece of mind thing. Maybe one day your spot welds will break, maybe they won't. Good on you for doing what you think is best!

Or, maybe its a pointless upgrade in the first place AND that your spot welds won't break if you have your spare tire isolated properly.

Weird.

Hot94Z28

Nice for you to stereotype people here into the world of douche.

Also Mopar shit is overpriced and most don't run it anyways.

And far as building up your Jeep and not using off road, that's like paying for a boob job for your wife or girlfriend and not playing with them. At some point some other dude will so might as well enjoy them while you have them.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Totally agree glad it works for you! I chose another route that works for me! :)

That's outstanding and really as long as you're happy that is all that matters. What also matters is clearly identifying a less expensive alternative to cheap Chinese metal so that other members can make truly informed decisions without the usual, "I bough product X and it is the best! Their website told me so!" :thumb:

Last edited:

Dreadedsoldier

Nice for you to stereotype people here into the world of douche.

Also Mopar shit is overpriced and most don't run it anyways.

And far as building up your Jeep and not using off road, that's like paying for a boob job for your wife or girlfriend and not playing with them. At some point some other dude will so might as well enjoy them while you have them.

Not all, I've had civil conversations with some people but a couple here certainly seem like tools. Maybe your all awesome guys but behind that screen name something changes for the worst. We are all here because we love Jeeps and playing with them, although I think some might be here for the other guys....
I personally don't have any Mopar stuff on my jeep besides the rubber floor mats. It is overpriced and can usually be sourced from the manufacture of the original for a lot less.
As for boob jobs they are alright I guess. To me no matter how bitty a titty's a titty. ;)
It's Friday and payday! Time to spend it on Jeep stuff!!

Dopey84

Damn it's your money to buy what you want to buy just let everyone around you know when your on the road so we can steer clear..

Last edited:

swampdog

That's outstanding and really as long as you're happy that is all that matters. What also matters is clearly identifying a less expensive alternative to cheap Chinese metal so that other members can make truly informed decisions without the usual, "I bough product X and it is the best! Their website told me so!" :thumb:

^^^^This sums it up perfectly. If you love Teraflex and Smittybilt products, great, I have no problem with that, but when you make claims that they are well made and superior to others, that's when you're out of line.

Dreadedsoldier

Haha this thread is about if the hinge sits flush on the tailgate, not if its a good product or not. You should make a thread showcasing your stuff and explain why it's good. That would probably be really helpful to other members! :)

Dreadedsoldier

There are 2 other guys I work with that have rubi's that have installed it too, we all love it.

If you have other guys with this shitty ass hinge why waste our time trying to figure out if your damn hinge having a gap is normal... Look at there Crap and decide for yourself instead of posting some crappy ass thread already knowing people's opinions on the quality of there products and stop wasting our time...

Put the dope down dopey! Not my thread! Read the op

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Haha this thread is about if the hinge sits flush on the tailgate, not if its a good product or not. You should make a thread showcasing your stuff and explain why it's good. That would probably be really helpful to other members! :)

Hold up, post #41 YOU were the one asking why the hinge in question was being bashed and you imagined that we are all blowing smoke up the OPs ass by being "vapers" claiming he wasted his money. IMO this thread is completely on track. Don't worry, I'll make a separate thread when I feel it is needed.

He did waste is money, he bought it to support what is essentially a 33 AND it doesn't fit right.

Top Bottom