Teraflex HD Hinge not flush?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm starting to understand why some of you have such a high post count. Has nothing to do with being helpful.

I'm sorry, I didn't know post count mattered. That still didn't answer my question, what made you not log onto here? Please tell me, I want to be helpful. :)

mortuar

I'm sorry, I didn't know post count mattered. That still didn't answer my question, what made you not log onto here? Please tell me, I want to be helpful. :)

If you want to be helpful, go find one of these carriers installed and tell me if it sits flush on the top of the tailgate. ;)

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If you want to be helpful, go find one of these carriers installed and tell me if it sits flush on the top of the tailgate. ;)

Why are you avoiding the original question and asking for information that has already been provided. You even quoted and acknowledged the member giving you the info.

Please, tell me, what makes you not want to log onto here?

Jackal01

The hate is strong with this crowd. I spent my own money on something that I feel was worth it. I installed that product per the instructions. It doesn't seem to seat properly. I head to a forum to ask if anyone has this product and do they have any issues with it sitting flush. What was I thinking?

I thought Jeepers were about helping each other versus constantly knocking each other.

The problem is that Teracrap doesn't take responsibility for their shitty products. You may have installed it per their directions but it is still a shit product. There is plenty of evidence to prove their stuff is shit. Go to another jeep forum to feel good about buying teraflex. It will not happen here.

mortuar

Why are you avoiding the original question and asking for information that has already been provided. You even quoted and acknowledged the member giving you the info.

Please, tell me, what makes you not want to log onto here?

It's actually you ignoring the original question - does the TF hinge sit completely flush against the tailgate?

I think you're answering your own question, by the way.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
It's actually you ignoring the original question - does the TF hinge sit completely flush against the tailgate?

You were told numerous times it does. Yours doesn't. Odds are they will tell you installer error. Just a hunch.

mortuar

The problem is that Teracrap doesn't take responsibility for their shitty products. You may have installed it per their directions but it is still a shit product. There is plenty of evidence to prove their stuff is shit. Go to another jeep forum to feel good about buying teraflex. It will not happen here.

I didn't ask to feel good about buying TeraFlex. I asked if anyone had the hinge and if it sat flush.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The hate is strong with this crowd. I spent my own money on something that I feel was worth it. I installed that product per the instructions. It doesn't seem to seat properly. I head to a forum to ask if anyone has this product and do they have any issues with it sitting flush. What was I thinking?

I thought Jeepers were about helping each other versus constantly knocking each other.

If you done more research, you would've been helped by saving the money on an inferior product. Now you came to find out why your inferior product isn't fitting correctly. Which could be blamed on the inferior product, the company of said product will probably say it's fine and it was installer error. So they will blame you. This has been discussed numerous times on here. That's what that company does. They blame the installer. Then when people started replying simply saying to watch it because it breaks and the wheel will fall off. Several people started saying "I don't get all the hate for this product and that brand" and "it's a good product" and "mopar uses it so how can it be bad." Those jeepers started all of this and did not help you. Yet everybody else gets the blame.

There are better products out there that get recommended all the damn time on here. And it isn't always EVO because not everybody needs or wants EVO. Even Eddie recommends products that are not EVO at times that are good products but maybe fit the needs or wants of a person.

These threads always start like this. Once somebody chimes in and says watch your carrier cause they break. It gets taken for non helping a jeeper. Yes companies get bashed on here all the time and if people would take the damn time to read why you might say "huh, I would prefer to spend my money on a better product and/or a better company."

It sucks you spent your hard earned money on an inferior product that has issues. Just take the time to watch it.

I run a Teraflex lift and done some research on here before purchase. I was told it was gonna be a rougher/stiffer ride. Guess what, it is. Guess what they just were warning me before hand. Guess what, nobody on here as ridiculed me for buying that lift. I bought it cause of the price and getting 35s on my jeep. Now I'm trying to save money and get a different lift.

Jackal01

I didn't ask to feel good about buying TeraFlex. I asked if anyone had the hinge and if it sat flush.

You missed the point. Teraflex isn't respected here however your question was answered. Some rigs here run TeraFlex and that is their choice. Not going to knock them for it. But if something fails...told you so.

mortuar

If you done more research, you would've been helped by saving the money on an inferior product. Now you came to find out why your inferior product isn't fitting correctly. Which could be blamed on the inferior product, the company of said product will probably say it's fine and it was installer error. So they will blame you. This has been discussed numerous times on here. That's what that company does. They blame the installer. Then when people started replying simply saying to watch it because it breaks and the wheel will fall off. Several people started saying "I don't get all the hate for this product and that brand" and "it's a good product" and "mopar uses it so how can it be bad." Those jeepers started all of this and did not help you. Yet everybody else gets the blame.

There are better products out there that get recommended all the damn time on here. And it isn't always EVO because not everybody needs or wants EVO. Even Eddie recommends products that are not EVO at times that are good products but maybe fit the needs or wants of a person.

These threads always start like this. Once somebody chimes in and says watch your carrier cause they break. It gets taken for non helping a jeeper. Yes companies get bashed on here all the time and if people would take the damn time to read why you might say "huh, I would prefer to spend my money on a better product and/or a better company."

It sucks you spent your hard earned money on an inferior product that has issues. Just take the time to watch it.

I run a Teraflex lift and done some research on here before purchase. I was told it was gonna be a rougher/stiffer ride. Guess what, it is. Guess what they just were warning me before hand. Guess what, nobody on here as ridiculed me for buying that lift. I bought it cause of the price and getting 35s on my jeep. Now I'm trying to save money and get a different lift.

That's just it - I do a ton of research. You could call that shit analysis paralysis (feel free to use that) given how long I dig into stuff before pulling the trigger. I personally felt the product was worth my money *for my uses*. The stock carrier will break if the tire isn't braced properly just as well as an aftermarket carrier. Were the welds shitty? Probably. Did they address them? Yes. Am I running a crazy heavy tire and wheel setup? Nope. Will I be climbing/dropping off of 4-6ft + rock ledges? No.

I simply wanted to know if this was "by (shitty) design" or if I possibly had a bunk hinge - which happens with all products, by the way.

mortuar

You missed the point. Teraflex isn't respected here however your question was answered. Some rigs here run TeraFlex and that is their choice. Not going to knock them for it. But if something fails...told you so.

Teraflex isn't respected here by some members - obviously it's a matter of opinion. I know my question was answered already, I'm simply following up this morning.

Exodus 4x4

So telling people that a certain brand makes shitty products and has shitty customer service isn't helping out fellow jeepers? Instead we should just turn a blind eye and when people spend their hard earned money on shit like that, we'll just let them cry it out on here and tell them it'll be alright.

Everyone gets a trophy these days...

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

No, your question has been answered. MY question has not been so I'll reword it again. Why don't you log onto here? I really, really, want to know. :)

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
That's just it - I do a ton of research. You could call that shit analysis paralysis (feel free to use that) given how long I dig into stuff before pulling the trigger. I personally felt the product was worth my money *for my uses*. The stock carrier will break if the tire isn't braced properly just as well as an aftermarket carrier. Were the welds shitty? Probably. Did they address them? Yes. Am I running a crazy heavy tire and wheel setup? Nope. Will I be climbing/dropping off of 4-6ft + rock ledges? No.

I simply wanted to know if this was "by (shitty) design" or if I possibly had a bunk hinge - which happens with all products, by the way.

Teraflex isn't respected here by some members - obviously it's a matter of opinion. I know my question was answered already, I'm simply following up this morning.

If you done a ton of research it was poorly done on your part.

Teraflex isn't respected here because they have inferior products and when they break the user gets blamed for installer error.

mortuar

No, your question has been answered. MY question has not been so I'll reword it again. Why don't you log onto here? I really, really, want to know. :)

Well, you can really, really want to know in one hand and... you know the rest. :)

Top Bottom