Teraflex HD Hinge not flush?

If you knew that Teraflex wasn't a recommended product here..............and you 'remember why you don't log on and post here anymore'............why did you come here to ask for advice? I'm sure there are other forums out there with more members that run that carrier. :thinking:

If you knew that Teraflex wasn't a recommended product here..............and you 'remember why you don't log on and post here anymore'............why did you come here to ask for advice? I'm sure there are other forums out there with more members that run that carrier. :thinking:

I know this is going to blow your mind... but it seems there are members here that run that carrier as well! I know man, take your time. It's mind blowing. :shock:

Haha, that was actually awesome. :beer:

I actually have teraflex parts on my jeep, along with other "bashed" companies. Such as metaljoke, aev, synergy, Rubicon express to name a few. It's not all evo all day, every day. Just keeping it real. I learned the hard way.

So your saying that people like Overlander, Mel at ore, Medixjk, and other who have crawled some huge curbs at the mall with a heavy ass 35's on the factory carrier and hinges for over 30,000 as well as some doing it with 37's that the factory hinge isn't strong enough and they should spend the $400+ (idgaf how much it is) on this hinge? Idk factory seems strong enough for me

I know this is going to blow your mind... but it seems there are members here that run that carrier as well! I know man, take your time. It's mind blowing. :shock:

Most of us don't care if you run it, or not. For the reasons cozdude listed, I chose not to buy one. They're awfully expensive, and lots of people are carrying big tires on the factory setup.

Most of us don't care if you run it, or not. For the reasons cozdude listed, I chose not to buy one. They're awfully expensive, and lots of people are carrying big tires on the factory setup.

They are pretty expensive. I had the opportunity to sell some things and pick one up, so I did it. For me it was the best option that didn't require another bumper or separate swing out carrier. I have friends with saggy/bent tailgates from throwing 35's on - even with extended tailgate bumpers for the tire. I decided this was worth a shot. It made the tailgate rowdy solid, for what it's worth. Not a single vibration when closing anymore. I never see that tire move.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of me out overloading one day with my TF hinge and carrier, my wiener got hot so had to open the tailgate which is always risky with TF. :bleh:

Here's a pic of me out overloading one day with my TF hinge and carrier, my wiener got hot so had to open the tailgate which is always risky with TF. :bleh:

As long as you're not in a public place, you should be fine to let your wiener out so it can cool off.

My Jeep is in the shop but if I remember correctly it is the same on my Jeep and it holds my 37 no problem.

Top Bottom