Teraflex Hinged Tire Carrier with adjustable tire mount

JK's JK

Banned
So what is the recommendations on tire carriers? With my vast amount of time with my jeep (1 whole week), I can't really narrow down what I want to get!!!!! Any Idea's
I've got one example and its made my Warn.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-Tire-Carriers-Winch-Mounts/Elite-Series-Tire-Carrier.aspx?t_c=64&t_s=26&t_pt=3902&t_pn=WAR89800

I've seen a lot like this set up where it uses the rear door for support?? I think the best way to go is having the rear bumper complete the support as aposted to the door as well.

jeffd

Sorry, never heard of it and my mistake in the price - $9 short of $400 :naw:

You should come wheeling with me, I'd love to see how we'll your $391 hinges protect your tailgate. :yup:

I doubt you would want me along holding everybody up. I am not hard core heck Fins and things is about as daring as I get. Sorry if I offended you by liking the TF hinge. I will sulk away quietly never too post again........

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt you would want me along holding everybody up. I am not hard core heck Fins and things is about as daring as I get. Sorry if I offended you by liking the TF hinge. I will sulk away quietly never too post again........

:cheesy: Please, is the melodrama really necessary? Like I said, if you're happy with your $9 shy of a $400 set of hinges, don't let me stand in the way of you liking them. As far as holding everybody up goes, you wouldn't be holding anybody up but, your tire carrier might even on Fins and Things if you take the right line :idontknow:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
:cheesy: Please, is the melodrama really necessary? Like I said, if you're happy with your $9 shy of a $400 set of hinges, don't let me stand in the way of you liking them. As far as holding everybody up goes, you wouldn't be holding anybody up but, your tire carrier might even on Fins and Things if you take the right line :idontknow:

Is there something in the air tonight? Wtf?

jkbud

well... even after all of the bashing i'm happy with my carrier. It might not be great in the eyes of the jk gods but its been perfect for me.:beer:

JK's JK

Banned
That and a couple of shots of honey and everything will be alright.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

I noticed that you have a 3.5 RE longarm lift. How you liking the lift? Any disappointments? I just got my jeep with the lift and haven't done anything with it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well... even after all of the bashing i'm happy with my carrier. It might not be great in the eyes of the jk gods but its been perfect for me.:beer:

:cheesy: I see you're the kind of guy that thinks your opinion is the only one that should matter and if anyone disagrees with you, it's gotta be "bashing". God forbid that anyone should be allowed to voice their opinions and if they do, they're "jk gods". :rolleyes2:

If you're happy with spending $400 on something you really didn't even need in the first place, more power to you. :thumb:

munstie

I noticed that you have a 3.5 RE longarm lift. How you liking the lift? Any disappointments? I just got my jeep with the lift and haven't done anything with it.

Had some trackbar issues factory mount failed and had to replace the front upper axle housing bushings in about a years time I have the radius arms though not the four link was gonna switch to the four link but saving to go a different route.

munstie

I have a bad feeling about this......I'm going to start researching about my lift now!!!!:fingerscrossed:

It's a decent setup but if ya like flexing you will see what I mean about the bushings.

I'm happy with mine... i haven't hit it on a ledge though so maybe someday i'll have a different opinion. I don't really care to have to open the tire carrier separate from the gate anymore though... call me lazy if you will.

i dont have to open my carrier separate from my tailgate? hmmmmmmm?

andrew-

JK's JK

Banned
It's a decent setup but if ya like flexing you will see what I mean about the bushings.

Over this last past weekend I fixed my camber and had to take off the upper control arms on the front end. I did notice that the booshing looked to be in a oval. Started to think that most of them where like that and need to be replaced. I did read on Project JK the limiting of the shocks restricts the amount of travel on the lift and getting better shocks will allow the lift to flex more.

munstie

Over this last past weekend I fixed my camber and had to take off the upper control arms on the front end. I did notice that the booshing looked to be in a oval. Started to think that most of them where like that and need to be replaced. I did read on Project JK the limiting of the shocks restricts the amount of travel on the lift and getting better shocks will allow the lift to flex more.

The radius arms will limit your flex. But you can see the flex I've gotten out of mine with the radius arms. In my profile pic .

Top Bottom