The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Napalm

GraniteCrystal

It would certainly be the trip of a lifetime!! Especially now that my rig will be capable. :)

Yes sir!!! That's awesome brother. This will be my first one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Awesome! If you have Pablo and Selma on your boat by chance, please tell them hello from Scott and Kate. He's a doctor and they do a bunch of trips. Also, be sure to do the alligator hunting. It's a total rush and the guys know what they're doing. Also, bring cash to buy your hammock. They're super affordable (~$30) and very well made. We've bought two over the years. Lastly, don't hold back man. Make the time count. Oh, and if you get assigned to the dentist be prepared. It's pretty gruesome. Pulling teeth with pliers. Not for the weak stomach. Have fun!

Napalm

Awesome! If you have Pablo and Selma on your boat by chance, please tell them hello from Scott and Kate. He's a doctor and they do a bunch of trips. Also, be sure to do the alligator hunting. It's a total rush and the guys know what they're doing. Also, bring cash to buy your hammock. They're super affordable (~$30) and very well made. We've bought two over the years. Lastly, don't hold back man. Make the time count. Oh, and if you get assigned to the dentist be prepared. It's pretty gruesome. Pulling teeth with pliers. Not for the weak stomach. Have fun!

That's awesome Scott!!

I sure will man. I'll be sure to check that out if I am able too! I already planned on bringing back a hammock, I'm psyched to get to sleep in one.

That's crazy man. My assignment with the mission team I'm heading down with is with medical so if we have a dentist with our team it's likely I'll be with him assisting. We will see!

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=33896

My wife and I are 100% in for this. Due to her weird vacation weeks (wed - tues) we'll have to get on the road a day early and meet you guys in Colorado. Sadly, we'll only have one day in Moab before turning to head home, but we'll enjoy the shit out of every minute of it.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Yep. We were planning on the 21st. Just going to be a day ahead of you guys and only get one day in Moab before turning home unfortunately. We still want to do top of the world and will likely just tag along with some other rigs when we get there.

had that plan as well when I was out there in June Mike and I waited for a good bit out at Dewey bridge (trail head that leads to it ) and no one showed so wound up running solo....... was mid week when I was there so might have been why ..

had that plan as well when I was out there in June Mike and I waited for a good bit out at Dewey bridge (trail head that leads to it ) and no one showed so wound up running solo....... was mid week when I was there so might have been why ..

Top of the world doesn't look hard. I just would hate to get high centered or something by ourselves. I guess we'll play it by ear...heck we might skip out on Moab and just do the entire time in CO with the group. Then head home on the original threads Moab travel day. We'll see.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Top of the world doesn't look hard. I just would hate to get high centered or something by ourselves. I guess we'll play it by ear...heck we might skip out on Moab and just do the entire time in CO with the group. Then head home on the original threads Moab travel day. We'll see.

na when I checked in at the center they told me it was a 3 and a 5 in places so was wondering that same thing myself .. managed to do it without any trouble , had my boxes up top tied off and didn't even disconnect my sway bar .. going up was no trouble at all on the way down I took a slightly different line leading out and managed to reshape my tailpipe but only because I ran a spot I prolly shouldn't have ... took video of the whole run from the bridge all the way out to the overlook , and even took a few shots of me going over the rocks where I reshaped my tailpipe .. DSC_3348.jpg DSC_3349.jpg when I went up it was to the other side of this coming down I opted for the tougher route in a few spots

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Awesome thanks for the info Mike!

if ya want i'll pass you the link to the vid but I forsee no trouble for you with your setup , I think a stock rig could do it without any trouble so long as they stayed the easier line coming down ... and the top view is well worth the run out for sure DSC_3325.jpg
I can show ya a bunch of shots I took but its like the Grand Canyon ya can look at pics all day long but till your there and seeing it for yourself , night and day difference ..

Top Bottom