The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

RCVRY

Every time you post pictures I realize again just how much I hate living in the Chicago area, thanks for ruining Sunday for me [emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, it’s time to evacuate The Peoples Republic of Illinois.

I just learned last week the company I work for has a terminal in Portland, OR.

I’m thinking transfer??? [emoji846][emoji846][emoji846][emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

duktrx

Yeah, it’s time to evacuate The Peoples Republic of Illinois.

I just learned last week the company I work for has a terminal in Portland, OR.

I’m thinking transfer??? [emoji846][emoji846][emoji846][emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I fear Oregon is following in the insanity from California, and Portland is leading the way. If you decide on Portland, some of the burbs are ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Just wondering if anyone might have any tips on fixing this noise. This is my 2001 f250, and the noise is definitely coming from that lower pulley.

https://youtu.be/9n0Crm3iJdw

It’s hard to pickup the noise from the video. It sounds like the air conditioning compressor kicks in at 15sec. Is the noise there during the entire clip or just after the 15sec mark?

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
It’s hard to pickup the noise from the video. It sounds like the air conditioning compressor kicks in at 15sec. Is the noise there during the entire clip or just after the 15sec mark?

It continually kicks on and off, but my ac is “off”. I did a little research on the pulley system and it is the ac clutch pulley. Might have to rebuild or replace it..

sipafz

Caught the Bug
It continually kicks on and off, but my ac is “off”. I did a little research on the pulley system and it is the ac clutch pulley. Might have to rebuild or replace it..

Your ac clutch will also engage when the defroster is on. Is it the tinny noise prior to the ac clutch kicking in or the ratty noise after that you are referring to?

Jsouder53

Hooked
Your ac clutch will also engage when the defroster is on. Is it the tinny noise prior to the ac clutch kicking in or the ratty noise after that you are referring to?

I don’t understand why it would be engaging since the switch is off [emoji848] There is a high pitch rattling noise prior to it kicking on, then the loud wobbling/rattling noise after the 15sec point.

It’s this pulley
IMG_4646.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
On many vehicles, a/c comes on in defrost mode because the AC removes humidity from the air which is ideal for defrost. Even with temp knob on heat and defrost, the AC system is still removing humidity.

I would imagine that you can get the clutch separately if that's what the noise is.

Top Bottom