The build/dairy of “_________”

Oreo_penguin536

I had no idea I had extended shackles lol. I like his Jeep that’s about what I want to do with mine as far as height goes and tires. Although I like the wider stance type look

So to drop the tcase I don’t need to take off a driveline or anything? Just lift the Jeep up with new suspension, drop tcase done deal

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I had no idea I had extended shackles lol. I like his Jeep that’s about what I want to do with mine as far as height goes and tires. Although I like the wider stance type look

So to drop the tcase I don’t need to take off a driveline or anything? Just lift the Jeep up with new suspension, drop tcase done deal

If you stay with 2.5 you may not even have to drop the t-case. If you get some driveline vibration then drop it.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Nice YJ. I loved mine and wish I still had it. I had a 4" Rough Country lift that was already installed when I bought it. It also had a 1" transfer case drop and I didn't have any driveline vibration issues. I did tons of research on suspension about what was best for me. I initially wanted to 4 link it and go the whole nine yards with it. But once I wheeled it I changed my mind. The spring under is a very simplistic and effective lift. I got plenty of flex and the jeep went places I didn't think it would go. For me it was easier and cheaper to trim sheet metal for 35s instead of trying to do a spring over lift or 4 link. I would also think about replacing that Dana 35 rear axle. A Ford 8.8 is an excellent choice for a replacement. Go out and wheel it to see what your limitations are and upgrade as you need to.

Oreo_penguin536

Thanks, I’ve never had a spring under vehicle but honestly it performs way better than I anticipated. I would like to be able to lift it 3inches without having to drop the tcase but I’m guessing for how I wheel that may not be so good
[emoji848]

Oreo_penguin536

So after a lot of debating tonight tomorrow I’ve decided to take off the front and rear track bars. I got a set of rubie express sway bar discos so as long as I get my hands on a welder those will be on and if I have time I’ll possibly get some new poly bushings for my sway bar Image1512807447.345290.jpg

RCVRY

Those are pretty!
I had a 2.5" lift on my YJ and had to drop the t-case 1-1/4". Not a big deal. I even made my own spacers with some alum bar stock I had laying around.
I left my track bars on for DD. It felt more solid in the seat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo_penguin536

Those are pretty!
I had a 2.5" lift on my YJ and had to drop the t-case 1-1/4". Not a big deal. I even made my own spacers with some alum bar stock I had laying around.
I left my track bars on for DD. It felt more solid in the seat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

They are, I almost don’t wanna get em dirty[emoji38]

I’m debating whether or not to weld that the mounting tab to the axle or just run the old hardware. If I ran the old bolts and bolted it in place I would disconnect them from the top and they would “hang” from the bottom instead of disconnecting from the bottom and tucking them up to the frame to keep them out of the way

Oreo_penguin536

Got the rear out and figured out what the clicking was on hard acceleration. The cover over the top of the muffler tags the driveshaft and bottom of the body. Also found this kink in the pipe from the rear track bar hitting it most likely during hard flexing Image1512848770.121311.jpg Image1512848858.459229.jpg Image1512848907.952191.jpg

Looks like suspension should come sooner than I thought

Oreo_penguin536

Had a length issue with the discos. The welded tab would put the sway bar too high and even with the adjustable discos at their lowest point it wouldn’t fit, saving all those parts for when I eat the lift on. As for right now I disconnect the top, gotta fudge it a bit more but still works. Image1512853517.026087.jpg

Oreo_penguin536

Image1512854269.614875.jpg Image1512854310.684565.jpg Image1512854335.956135.jpg

Noticed some minor leaf spring twist but I think that’ll be alright till I get a lift Image1512854396.580394.jpg

All in all, total time was about 2 hours roughly, mainly due to stubborn bolts and having to drop the whole sway bar out. Epic day and can’t wait to try this on the trails tomorrow!

Oreo_penguin536

After driving it around with no track bars, seems like a bit of a smoother ride to an extent. Might be slightly more floaty in the front but I’m not even sure if it’s that or not. 80mph in the highway and taking a 270degree turn at 40mph, no problems. Ill admit I was pushing it a bit in corners and speed just to see how it did

Top Bottom