The build/dairy of “_________”

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Synthetic🤙🏾, from working around cables before I dreaded the thought of having one on my Jeep. I only got only 1 snatch block:/ and I have an old tree strap, it’s worn but it should do for the time being. As far as clevises I have 2 free right now and 2 locked on the rear bumper. Previous owner didn’t know the “half turn out” trick so they are glued shut till I get a big enough bar to pry them off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is common among jeepers for some reason everyone thinks they need to be cinched as tight as they can get them.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I'm the same as you. I do it the correct way [emoji6]. I was saying it's common as in I see others do it all the time. Over tightening them doesn't stop anyone from steeling them, but it does become a pain in the ass when you need to move one quickly.

Oreo_penguin536

Alright, been a bit since I posted up in this but I’ve been a busy beaver getting things set up for the trip. Here’s a recap

Hijack mount with neoprene cover, also locked via handcuffs, (even though that could unbolt the clap part it keeps the honest ones out)
IMG_1469.jpg
Smittybilt 9.5klbs winch with synthetic line.
IMG_1468.jpg
20” led spot flood combo bar mounted on bar

4x4” led flood pods on corners (possibly might add the other 2 I have on the very ends)

IMG_1472.jpg
Not a big deal but hidden light switch mount
and not yet on but a cb mic mount on the shifter itself

Oreo_penguin536

Maybe should the strap fail and it swings out the bungee provides it with the spring back to swing back into place, so I can tactfully grab it before it does more harm![emoji23][emoji848][emoji851]

Oreo_penguin536

The last and final mod for a decent while was this. My seat cover came in finally and the only reason I ordered it was because the old one was thrashed. Got everything hooked up and it’s a bit bigger than I was hoping but it still works perfect
IMG_1735.jpg old

IMG_1736.jpg new
IMG_1737.jpg

Oreo_penguin536

Didn’t update this thread too much but the past 2 days so far we’re like this

IMG_1740.jpg tried to get the fused lug nut off
IMG_1743.jpg IMG_1744.jpg still not off

Not shown but I got a torch and torched it off

So then I walked back from grabbing tools and saw this
IMG_1741.jpg

Then I changed these
IMG_1742.jpg IMG_1750.jpg and the rotors but didn’t get pics

So tomorrow the shock mounts are getting put on then after that is new shocks then leaf springs

#updated[emoji23]

Top Bottom