The build of Jenny

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Update:
Being right after the holidays it was rather difficult to find the heim joint in question. Tracked one down at a custom race shop and should be installing today!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
About a week and a half ago my Jeep family grew when my girlfriend acquired an 08 sport. All stock except for newer rubicon wheels and newer windshield with the Jeep in the corner. IMG_1484270885.779561.jpg

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Update:
Being right after the holidays it was rather difficult to find the heim joint in question. Tracked one down at a custom race shop and should be installing today!

Did that fix it? I'm pretty sure I've heard other people discourage others from using heim joints on a daily driver just because they do require a lot more maintenance than other joints. Can't remember if it was Mel Wade or someone else.

Edit: Ruff Stuff Specialties carries heim joints that might work for you in the future.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Did that fix it? I'm pretty sure I've heard other people discourage others from using heim joints on a daily driver just because they do require a lot more maintenance than other joints. Can't remember if it was Mel Wade or someone else.

Edit: Ruff Stuff Specialties carries heim joints that might work for you in the future.

I knew ruff stuff would have them but I was trying to avoid having to order it.

As far as this being this fix am I not sure yet. We finally just got the heim out last night. It took a guy about twice my size along with myself, a lot of pb blaster, a bench vise, A LOT of heat, and about 5 feet of cheater bar and we still didn't think we were going to get it. After every turn we had to stop and soak it and heat it again.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So now that the joint is out I needed to let the bar sit overnight in vinegar to get the rust out of the threads. Will be scrubbing and installing tonight and will find out this evening if that fixes it or not

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So as some of you read, I had ordered a crawler conceptz skinny front bumper. They screwed me around for about 3 weeks on when it would be ready to ship. Finally cancelled the order and went with the Evo quarter pounder!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Out with the old IMG_1485043948.994078.jpg

In the bumper I have a superwinch 9000 mounted. The bumper winch combo weighs around 200lbs easily. Unfortunately I was doing all of the work alone. Luckily I have access to forklifts when I work at my office... IMG_1485044107.624636.jpg

In with the new!! IMG_1485044144.294450.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Update on the dw issue:

I still have not been able to get rid of this damn death wobble. I found that the frame side holes for my track bar were wallowed out. Had some steel washer cut and welded. That hole is now tighter than ever.

I believe the track bar was the cause, and now my tie rod ends are toast because of the wobble and have become the new cause... trying to replace those now if I can find the ends...

Randy Tadevich

Top Bottom