The build of Jenny

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Have you checked that all adjustment sleeves are tight, and checked on the drag link that the open part of the clamps line up with the seam in the adjustment sleeve?

Did an alignment, lined the clamps up with the sleeve on the drag link, replaced both hubs, got a tire rotation and balance. No still has a shimmy that worries me occasionally after hitting a good bump in the road. I have a johnny joint in the upper passenger side control arm that appears to be going bad. Trying not to replace it seeing as I am getting new arms in 2 weeks. Also tires seem to be cupping. Have new tires on order but may take another month or so to pay them off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Death wobble is back with a vengeance. Can't go above 45 and hit a bump. I'm beside myself at this point. The only things I'm thinking is that my trac bar could possibly have a bad johnny joint, or is it possible that the joint on my flipped drag link is bad? Dl flip is about 2 years old.

WJCO

Meme King
Death wobble is back with a vengeance. Can't go above 45 and hit a bump. I'm beside myself at this point. The only things I'm thinking is that my trac bar could possibly have a bad johnny joint, or is it possible that the joint on my flipped drag link is bad? Dl flip is about 2 years old.

Sorry to hear. Either one of those items will have visible play if you have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth while you watch those parts. If track bar end has play, make sure the mount hole on the bracket isn't worn out. Which flipped drag link did you go with?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Without having looked through your entire thread, what all have you done so far to address it?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear. Either one of those items will have visible play if you have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth while you watch those parts. If track bar end has play, make sure the mount hole on the bracket isn't worn out. Which flipped drag link did you go with?

I believe it is the evo flip kit. I know it definitely rolls easily front to back. And the track bar doesn't seem to have movement. But I'd have to check again.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Without having looked through your entire thread, what all have you done so far to address it?

Tightened both ends of trac bar, replaced both hubs/unit bearings, checked for ball joint movement (all seems well), tightened pitman arm to steering box, replaced tre connecting to pitman arm, set caster to about -4.5.
Going through my head again I remember I have 1 upper passenger side ca with a possible bad joint. I suppose maybe that could be it?

WJCO

Meme King
Tightened both ends of trac bar, replaced both hubs/unit bearings, checked for ball joint movement (all seems well), tightened pitman arm to steering box, replaced tre connecting to pitman arm, set caster to about -4.5.
Going through my head again I remember I have 1 upper passenger side ca with a possible bad joint. I suppose maybe that could be it?

Really worn out CA bushings/joints can cause it, but it's rare. It's almost always something related to play in steering.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Really worn out CA bushings/joints can cause it, but it's rare. It's almost always something related to play in steering.

The only thing i could think then would be my drag link and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I can just replace that joint. It appears to be pressed into the link.
I do have the slightest bit of play in my wheel. However I did just replace my steering box 2-3 months ago

WJCO

Meme King
The only thing i could think then would be my drag link and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I can just replace that joint. It appears to be pressed into the link.
I do have the slightest bit of play in my wheel. However I did just replace my steering box 2-3 months ago

If it's the EVO kit, I think you can get a right hand drive lower drag link end and that will work. As far as steering wheel play, why was the box replaced? And when you turn the steering wheel, how far before the tires move? And is this on the road or in your driveway?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
If it's the EVO kit, I think you can get a right hand drive lower drag link end and that will work. As far as steering wheel play, why was the box replaced? And when you turn the steering wheel, how far before the tires move? And is this on the road or in your driveway?

I'm talking about the end that connects at the axle end

Top Bottom