The build of Jenny

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Haven't made much progress in the last few weeks. After I took the Jeep in for the 500 mile service on the gears the front ring gear blew while leaving their shop.... been a whole fiasco. Should have the Jeep back again tomorrow or Monday...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Not sure, I was standing there during the entire service. Wear pattern looked good, the tech didn't do anything that would have messed with the gears and put everything back together correctly. I pulled out of the shop and got up to about 40 when the gear broke. Not a fun experience!

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure, I was standing there during the entire service. Wear pattern looked good, the tech didn't do anything that would have messed with the gears and put everything back together correctly. I pulled out of the shop and got up to about 40 when the gear broke. Not a fun experience!

And he put fluid back in? Sorry to hear, but hope they're taking care of you.

JKbrick

Holy chit, did it lock up the front end or what was that like?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

It tried to and started skipping. So it would roll, lock up, roll, lock up, for about 50 yards till i came to a stop

Did you add a locker? There is a guy here that does gears and he messed up a guys gears not grinding a groove for oil in a jeep front end but I can't remember the exact details. He has shop rules on his wall and #4 I believe is grinding that groove. I posted this once years ago and whosever jeep it was is a member here and knew exactly what it was all about

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Did you add a locker? There is a guy here that does gears and he messed up a guys gears not grinding a groove for oil in a jeep front end but I can't remember the exact details. He has shop rules on his wall and #4 I believe is grinding that groove. I posted this once years ago and whosever jeep it was is a member here and knew exactly what it was all about

It's a rubi44 so it already has the oe e-locker

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Just realized that I had not posted any updates here in a while. I’ve had a crazy year with lots of trips and excitement. Don’t have many photos to post but I’ll try to catch up with what I have.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
With that shop I used back in May I ended up going through a whole debacle. I would tell everyone not to go there. Long story short but the jeep had to go back in 3 times and the final they ended up picking it up from me at my house in Flagstaff (about 2.5hrs from the shop).

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Since then I have done a few things that I’ll try to recall. One of which was a Crawler Conceptz body mount tire carrier with a license plate relocation. I’ve been really happy with it so far. IMG_7118.jpg *this pic doesn’t show the license plate relo.

Front antirock (love it without the hard top on the jeep, it’s a little top heavy though the with top on) IMG_7514.jpg

Got my KC rocklights installed. Used a 25lb magnet bolted to the light and stuck up in the rear wheel wells IMG_7079.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Holy crap it’s been a bit since I’ve updated this... going to skip over a bunch and give a brief rundown lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Since my last update I’ve done quite a bit. Things are just the things I can think of:

-Full Rockhard sport Cage
-Carbon 1350 front shafts
-Evo Rockstar skids
-Evo mini liners
-PRP harnesses
-RPM Steering 1 ton aluminum tie rod
-Went back to stock track bars and added a raised rear track bar mount
-Ditched the AntiRock and went Rubi sway bar with Evo no limits manual disconnect
-Nitto Ridge Grapplers
-JL rubi wheels (going away soon)
-homemade license plate bracket
-Rear rancho 9000s
-1350 drive shafts
-PSC hydro assist w/ redneck ram box
-Trek Armor front seat covers
-Rough Country floor mats
-Evo oil pan and trans skids
-Dynomax Comp Crawler exhaust w/ added race bullet to quiet it a bit
-Synergy DDB adjustable rear short arms
-MCE narrow fenders
-Bubba Rope 100’ synthetic winch line w/ PS fairlead
-Trucklite headlights

And I’m sure a few other odds and ends along the way.

As she sits today with a few broken ring teeth and loose pinion in the rear diff. Going to Bubba next Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_2407.jpg
    IMG_2407.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Top Bottom