The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

JeepJeep75

You're a better man than I am. I would have hit the trade it in mentality a long time ago. Either that or rationalized not needing heat.

Trust me, it was hard enough talking him into cutting the new heater core lines to "cheat" the heater core in. He's hardcore, he wanted it fixed right but circumstances just wouldn't allow it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
That's bullshit. I'd be running with no heater before I did all that. [emoji23]

If I want the girl to be onboard with any of this eventually then I need a working heater. Haha

Wow! That looks harder then the axle swaps!
You know I should be charging rent for your side of the garage! Haha[emoji23]🤣

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have no idea what your talking about.

Shit! You don't need a heater in Cali! JK heater cores are a pain in any vehicle you have to switch out.

If it wasn't for having to break into the A/c system and take out a bunch of my already installed parts then it wouldn't be such a big job. As long as your rig can be down for a few days.

You're a better man than I am. I would have hit the trade it in mentality a long time ago. Either that or rationalized not needing heat.

Trade in? Not sure that would be any better. I would be back to square one with no Dynatrac axles. :(

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Trust me, it was hard enough talking him into cutting the new heater core lines to "cheat" the heater core in. He's hardcore, he wanted it fixed right but circumstances just wouldn't allow it.

Yes it was hard. And I'm still not sure about the decision. Part of wanting to do it myself was to do it right unlike the previous owner/s. Well shit. Guess that didn't go as planned:(

Geoff also replaced my thermostat while I continued to disassemble the dash. No pictures for this but I hope it makes a difference on my engine temperature.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So I wasn't able to finished putting my jeep back together today. Got a phone call in the middle for someone wanting to buy my other jeep I have had for sale for 7 month so dropped what I was doing to handle that.

But we got the heater core in, hooked up and all the lines plumbed. So thankful Geoff has been able to help me with all this. But not a single time goes by with his help that he doesn't cut or drill something!

IMG_8531.jpg

This is the finished product of the heater core. 100% better than how it was finished previously.
IMG_8527.jpg
IMG_8528.jpg

Still unhappy about how we had to do it but it will work.

Thanks to Geoff's cutting and drilling my dash is back to together 1000% yes. One thousand percent better than the literal hack job before. Doesn't move at all.

IMG_8534.jpg

I have also been able to put screws and bolts back in areas that were missing them before. Hopefully this fixed my very annoying dash squeak. But had to tap some holes for the new bolts.

IMG_8529.jpg

Boom!! I feel like this was a very important bolt for the other person to have left out.

IMG_8530.jpg

Hope to get it wrapped up on Monday. Just need to figure out how to get there since I don't have 2 cars anymore.

dillard09

WOW! Now that was a big project. Wish I could have been there to help.
So happy that you were able to sell your other jeep cause I know you had to deal with lots if tire kickers!

JKbrick

So I wasn't able to finished putting my jeep back together today. Got a phone call in the middle for someone wanting to buy my other jeep I have had for sale for 7 month so dropped what I was doing to handle that.

But we got the heater core in, hooked up and all the lines plumbed. So thankful Geoff has been able to help me with all this. But not a single time goes by with his help that he doesn't cut or drill something!

View attachment 261820

This is the finished product of the heater core. 100% better than how it was finished previously.
View attachment 261821
View attachment 261822

Still unhappy about how we had to do it but it will work.

Thanks to Geoff's cutting and drilling my dash is back to together 1000% yes. One thousand percent better than the literal hack job before. Doesn't move at all.

View attachment 261824

I have also been able to put screws and bolts back in areas that were missing them before. Hopefully this fixed my very annoying dash squeak. But had to tap some holes for the new bolts.

View attachment 261825

Boom!! I feel like this was a very important bolt for the other person to have left out.

View attachment 261826

Hope to get it wrapped up on Monday. Just need to figure out how to get there since I don't have 2 cars anymore.

Can't you just sleep on his couch? What kind of a friend is he? [emoji1]

WJCO

Meme King
If I want the girl to be onboard with any of this eventually then I need a working heater. Haha

Screw the heater. The fact that you tackled this job yourself, means that you have huge cajones. That should be enough to make her happy.

dillard09

Can't you just sleep on his couch? What kind of a friend is he? [emoji1]

Oh yes he knows he can stay at my house anytime. I'm here in Texas for work so he can make his self at home. He knows the garage code and where the key to the house and the keys to my jeep are so...
They only thing is the mother in law is there right now too.
Btw the mother in law said you and Geoff were the nicest guys!

JeepJeep75

Oh yes he knows he can stay at my house anytime. I'm here in Texas for work so he can make his self at home. He knows the garage code and where the key to the house and the keys to my jeep are so...

Haha!! Well, your mother-in-law is a super nice lady indeed. I'm sure if she wasn't busy watching the little one she'd be out helping us! [emoji846]

M_Savage

Caught the Bug

She is really nice. Took her a minute to get warmed up to me and then realized I'm harmless and we are friends and my jeep was in your garage. Guess I did that to myself with long hair and a beard haha. Hope to have your jeep fixed up tomorrow for her to drive around.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So I should be getting NABOO up and running tonight. I had water with Wetter Water in my jeep. I drained as much out as possible doing my heater core. But aside from turning my jeep up side down I cannot get the remaining water out of the system. Is there any issue with just adding the coolant/antifreeze to the system now? It's already pre diluted and says not to add water.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I am pleased to announce NABOO is running well! Burped the system last night and everything is working as it should with no leaks!!

I did not end up with any left over screws or bolts so that is good! However there were so many already missing from the dash I may have put some screws in the wrong places. Oh well it is put back together better than it probably had been in years and guess what!!!? No dash squeaking!!:) BOOM!

IMG_8539.jpg
IMG_8541.jpg

Top Bottom