The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

dillard09

Yes!!!!! I knew you guys could do it!! With Grant helping it must have been a breeze to do!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Oh yes! We will have to show you our "technique". And it was the driver front that was bad. We changed the passenger front first and they didn't go away so moved to the driver side and all gone. Somebody was pretty stoked after the drive around the block without any dash lights on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Oh yes! We will have to show you our "technique". And it was the driver front that was bad. We changed the passenger front first and they didn't go away so moved to the driver side and all gone. Somebody was pretty stoked after the drive around the block without any dash lights on!

hell ya! those have been on for about 4 weeks now and they even caused problems last Sunday! my dash almost doesn't look normal with no lights. haha

dillard09

Come on down!! Can't guarantee we will have the tools you need but we got the right attitude to get the job done!!

Also helps pep boys and harbor freight are down the street!

Your rite about having the attitude! And I think we have a fair amount of tools for just about any job now. If you think about everything we have done in that garage about all that left now is an engine swap.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So last run out Geoff (jeepjeep75) said I needed longer front swaybar links. So.............
Boom

IMG_8255.jpg

Edit... but how about that Dynatrac axle and RCV shafts!!!

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Well if it's not one things it's another.

NABOO had a very bad coolant leak coming from the heater core. And the heater core is probably bad too.

I was able to get through yesterday's run at big bear only with the help of friends. Put about 5 gallons of water in the reservoir throughout the day. Need to figure out what to do.

BaddestCross

Well if it's not one things it's another.

NABOO had a very bad coolant leak coming from the heater core. And the heater core is probably bad too.

I was able to get through yesterday's run at big bear only with the help of friends. Put about 5 gallons of water in the reservoir throughout the day. Need to figure out what to do.

Install a sump pump from the floor to the reservoir. 😂😂

JeepJeep75

Heater core replacement sucks big time. You'll need to tear out most of the dash. Maybe you can use that custom notch in the dash that the previous owner used. [emoji6] Glad you guys got through the day yesterday!!

WJCO

Meme King
Heater cores suck to replace. If you're OK without heat, you can bypass it temporarily. Luckily you live in an area where that is more practical. Basically you disconnect the hoses at the firewall and install a u-shaped pipe or hose so the water recirculates back in the engine without ever going through the heater core. It at least will buy you some time.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Heater cores suck to replace. If you're OK without heat, you can bypass it temporarily. Luckily you live in an area where that is more practical. Basically you disconnect the hoses at the firewall and install a u-shaped pipe or hose so the water recirculates back in the engine without ever going through the heater core. It at least will buy you some time.

With a girlfriends who I really want to get into the sport I need heat, otherwise it will just give her another excuse not to go.
I have thought about by passing it but I will eventually have to fix it. The previous owner/owners may have had a problem similar and either did it themselves or paid someone that "knew how to do it" so they cut the dash. This has resulted in a very annoying squeak in the cab. Because of this I might pay someone to do it correctly and thus it will be done correctly or and will be warrantied work too. We will see though. Really depends on a quote I can get for the work.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Ok so I'll probably have to do the heater core myself. Called the dealership for a quote (started there cause I know it would be the highest price). And just for labor it's $1,300. Also with how long they took to fix the headlight it would probably be in their hands a month. With summer almost here that cannot happen!
On a good note I drove NABOO to work, a friend to the airport and home with not a single drop leaking. And not even wet to the touch. Very interesting....

Top Bottom