The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Fair enough! I imagine it will have a similar look to the DTD without the bypass shock. The only thing that I think would push me towards the Bolt On CO is that it allows you to run 2.5s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

If I lived in a area that I did a lot of high speed stuff that would be a good point but we just dont have anything like that out East.

wjtstudios

Hooked
If I lived in a area that I did a lot of high speed stuff that would be a good point but we just dont have anything like that out East.

Or you build it for the out west stuff and have more of a reason to go?!?!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
In all fairness though I was a heartbeat away from ordering a full setup with Accutune until i talked
To my local shop who made me cry on the install costs and then proceeded to talk me out of CO as well.

Did a full reversal on that again anyway.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I'm gonna sit back & relax come Spring & enjoy watching you two do the same thing. :bleh: Both of you need to do build threads!

I emailed Bubba to order wheels today. :daydream:

I tried to order wheels today. May have hit a road block. Need to wait till Monday. Waiting on pricing for my tires too from my guy local.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
40’s. Looking at the trail grapplers at the moment. My guy says he can get unreal pricing. We will see. I’m not holding my breath.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Does DTD not allow you to run a 2.5? Cause that’s what I’m running. 2.5 coilover and 3.0 bypass.

Sorry, what I meant is that it seems like being all weld on it might look like the DTD.

As far the 2.5 goes: I like the look of this Synergy kit, but it says it’s only good for up to 2.0 coilovers. As where the Evo bolt on can do a 2.5 if I remember correctly.

I am envious of your DTD. I’m stuck between building mine with axles and DTD or just doing like you and buying one already there in the next few years.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sorry, what I meant is that it seems like being all weld on it might look like the DTD.

As far the 2.5 goes: I like the look of this Synergy kit, but it says it’s only good for up to 2.0 coilovers. As where the Evo bolt on can do a 2.5 if I remember correctly.

I am envious of your DTD. I’m stuck between building mine with axles and DTD or just doing like you and buying one already there in the next few years.

Ah gotcha makes sense.

Ddays

Hooked

Yeah, the Synergy tower kinda looks similar to the DTD version but the DTD is laid back at an angle. But you probably already knew that.
The EVO kit comes with 2.0 Kings IIRC, so I'm not overly concerned.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Yeah, the Synergy tower kinda looks similar to the DTD version but the DTD is laid back at an angle. But you probably already knew that.
The EVO kit comes with 2.0 Kings IIRC, so I'm not overly concerned.

I believe the 2.0 is standard but you can opt for the 2.5

Top Bottom