The building of Anvil II -- The Deuce

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
WooHoo! :thumb:

That escalated quickly! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not axles. As it gets heavier, it brakes worse. I'll install Progrips, this weekend, if weather permits. I'm also going to try and weld my C's on. I really want to do it myself, and if I mess it up, I'll just have it done. I really don't care if the welds are not pretty, as long as I get good penetration, and they'll hold.

JeepJeep75

Awesome you are welding your C's on yourself!![emoji106] just go an inch at a time and use a soaking wet rag to cool them off between welds. I spent a few hours doing mine. I had time, so didn't rush the welding at all. My welds aren't pretty but they are on there good.

notnalc68

Awesome you are welding your C's on yourself!![emoji106] just go an inch at a time and use a soaking wet rag to cool them off between welds. I spent a few hours doing mine. I had time, so didn't rush the welding at all. My welds aren't pretty but they are on there good.

Thanks. I'm hoping to be successful, because there is a lot of satisfaction, doing things yourself. I'm still new to welding, but like I said. They don't have to be beautiful, just strong.

notnalc68

Well, damn it. The rain is going to keep me from doing it, this weekend. Maybe I can get the garage clean enough to get it in there. I'd worked about 50 hours a week, the past few weeks, so after yard work, there has been little time left for anything else.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, damn it. The rain is going to keep me from doing it, this weekend. Maybe I can get the garage clean enough to get it in there. I'd worked about 50 hours a week, the past few weeks, so after yard work, there has been little time left for anything else.

Well that's a bummer. Of course, you could always dawn a poncho and get to work anyway :crazyeyes:

notnalc68

You're going to love em. I really got to test them out today. We put about 100 miles of downhill driving today starting around 12000 feet elevation down to 5000. These things were superb. I definitely noticed a difference compared to my old stock ones. And wj brakes are big as is.

Good to know. We'll be back in elevation, soon.

notnalc68

I relocated the tag, a few days ago, using the RockHard license relocation bracket I bought when I first mounted my Rotopax. I finally got around to wiring up the third brake light, between thunderstorms. I used the ORO tag light. The ORO tag light is a little dim, but it's a light.

I ran the ORO wire, down the tire carrier, and under the Jeep. I stuck it through a hole in the bottom of the passenger side corner. I ran wires to the third brake light wires in the rear door, back into the Jeep, and drilled a hole in the corner, to run them to the ORO harness. I used rubber grommets in the holes. The third brake light wiring was reversed from what the ORO pamphlet said, and black was hot and not the ground wire.

IMG_9310.jpg
IMG_9320.jpg
IMG_9321.jpg
IMG_9322.jpg

Last edited:

notnalc68

Took advantage of the nice weather, and installed Dynatrac Progrip brakes. I followed the write up by rinkisjk, here. This is the difference in the rear rotors.

IMG_9346.jpg

A shot of the rears Installed.

IMG_9350.jpg

There is about 1/4" clearance, between the calipers, and the Procomp La Paz 17" wheels in the rear. Since I had tape weights in the way, I used a grinder to take a bit off of the rear calipers, at Dynatrac's suggestion. It's hard to tell from this photo, but I have a little over 1/8" of clearance between the rear wheels and the tape weights. Clearance up front was no problem.

IMG_9353.jpg

I followed the write up here, and changed my differential fluid, while I was under the Jeep.

IMG_9357.jpg

Thank you, Eddie. Your write ups are great, and made installing the brakes, and changing the gear oil much easier! [emoji1303]

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?33700-Dynatrac-ProGRIP-brake-install-review

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...K-Wrangler-Differential-Fluid-Change-Write-Up

Last edited:

notnalc68

Put on some EVO Mini Liners, while installing the Progrips, today. I bought them for looks. My wife thinks I needed them to protect the wiring harness on the passenger side.

IMG_9359.jpg

Top Bottom