The building of Anvil II -- The Deuce

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Well, neither the transmission, nor the transfer case was low of oil to any notable extent. I know a tiny bit of oil can make a big mess. I'll get under there, with degreaser. Maybe I can identify where it is coming from.

I ordered another shim plate, from RockHard 4x4, for the exhaust crossover, that is now hitting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, neither the transmission, nor the transfer case was low of oil to any notable extent. I know a tiny bit of oil can make a big mess. I'll get under there, with degreaser. Maybe I can identify where it is coming from.

I ordered another shim plate, from RockHard 4x4, for the exhaust crossover, that is now hitting.

Probably the best thing you can do, to clean everything up real good and then drive around a bit to get a better idea of where it's coming from.

notnalc68

Probably the best thing you can do, to clean everything up real good and then drive around a bit to get a better idea of where it's coming from.

Thanks. It hasn't leaked enough, to leave a puddle, and with the amount of oil in the vehicle, I doubt anything is hurt, but who wants a leaky vehicle? I'm not sure I really want to pull a t-case again, lol. Once was enough!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks. It hasn't leaked enough, to leave a puddle, and with the amount of oil in the vehicle, I doubt anything is hurt, but who wants a leaky vehicle? I'm not sure I really want to pull a t-case again, lol. Once was enough!

When it stops leaking, that's when you know you have a problem. If it's leaking it means it has fluid.

notnalc68

Clay I am home all day today if you need any help

Sent from my QTASUN1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. I installed the skid spacer, and that’s all I’m going to do. I found another small oil leak, near the front of the engine. The leak at the rear, looks like it’s coming from that adapter thingy, between the t case and transmission.

I’m just going to take it somewhere to get the leaks fixed. It isn’t leaking bad. There’s no oil puddle, where I park, and the oil level never gets noticeably low.

Maybe I’ll have to put a 5.3 or 6.2L Chevy in it, lol.

notnalc68

After changing the unit bearings, it seems I may have had a little slop in the steering, that I had become accustomed to. Maybe it’s all in my mind, but it seems to drive a little tighter.

Added a little pressure to the tires. The mornings have become a little cooler, and my cold psi was a little low.

I need to have the tires balanced, again. I’ve knocked off a couple of tape weights, and one tire was not properly balanced, in the first place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom