The building of Bison

wjtstudios

Hooked
LOL - apparently!! No way a black Jeep could look that good if it spent any time in the salt. Lookin real good :thumb:

Thank you! She spent five years as my DD saturated in it. I just washed if a couple times a week. Thank goodness for heated quarter car washes! But now that the trucks back, the Jeep will stay nice and clean.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Those came out really good! What are your plans for the tire carrier? Will the AEV take a 40" tire? I do like the extra tank on it.

What inner fenders are you running - stock or aftermarket? I ditched mine a couple years ago & am glad I did. I can powerwash the sides of the engine bay easier with them gone

Yes, staying with the AEV and it will Carry a 40 with the tank. I am going to chop the corner guard bars off and lose the water tanks. I also need to fab up a 8x6.5 tire mount into it instead of the 5x5. AEV doesn’t sell that. When I do, I’m going to offset the mount up as high as it can go. I’m worried the tires going to hang low and possibly pick up a ledge. For Moab, I’m going to probably run one of Eddie’s stingers too, or a have one with us if we see it could be an issue.

The fronts are cut down OEMs. The rears I’m still up in the air on. Do you run yours without? Does mud and snow pack into those cavities by the tail lights?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Yes, staying with the AEV and it will Carry a 40 with the tank. I am going to chop the corner guard bars off and lose the water tanks. I also need to fab up a 8x6.5 tire mount into it instead of the 5x5. AEV doesn’t sell that. When I do, I’m going to offset the mount up as high as it can go. I’m worried the tires going to hang low and possibly pick up a ledge. For Moab, I’m going to probably run one of Eddie’s stingers too, or a have one with us if we see it could be an issue.

The fronts are cut down OEMs. The rears I’m still up in the air on. Do you run yours without? Does mud and snow pack into those cavities by the tail lights?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Funny, I'm actually running the rears right now but not for long. They were cut for the Bushwacker flares I used to run & I never had a reason to take them off the rest of the way. Now that I've got the EVO rear bumpstop's going in, they'll get the old heave ho. If you want them I'll be happy to send them up to you. They're already trimmed and might fit with your MCE's.

Running a stinger is a good idea. I'm gonna pick one up from Eddie soon for the JL.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Funny, I'm actually running the rears right now but not for long. They were cut for the Bushwacker flares I used to run & I never had a reason to take them off the rest of the way. Now that I've got the EVO rear bumpstop's going in, they'll get the old heave ho. If you want them I'll be happy to send them up to you. They're already trimmed and might fit with your MCE's.

Running a stinger is a good idea. I'm gonna pick one up from Eddie soon for the JL.

I’ll keep working with these Nemesis inners and see. They are above the frame, so they should work with the bumps. Like everything, I think they are just going to take more work than I thought...

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

19YJ94

Caught the Bug

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Hey Bill, I ended up trimming my front OEM liners to fit for now and just took the rears out completely. Also ended up Raptor lining the rear area and some of the front due to the oem fenders rubbing the paint off in spots and of behind where the rears covered the body. But so far no problems with mud/snow building up in any areas. I still drive mine daily but wash it every week also.

Also yours looks great with those Nemesis fender flares, can't wait to see how you trim the bumpers!

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Hey Bill, I ended up trimming my front OEM liners to fit for now and just took the rears out completely. Also ended up Raptor lining the rear area and some of the front due to the oem fenders rubbing the paint off in spots and of behind where the rears covered the body. But so far no problems with mud/snow building up in any areas. I still drive mine daily but wash it every week also.

Also yours looks great with those Nemesis fender flares, can't wait to see how you trim the bumpers!

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Ric! I may end up going in that direction

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
It’s a piece of cake. The 3 bolts and it’s gone. I’m still trying to figure out the rear inner flares. There are to many gaps and openings up inside there that are going to fill with mud and salt. The nemesis inner fenders that I have will take some serious cutting to fit up tight and clean in there. I need to call them on Monday to make sure I’m not missing something. If that is the case I may send them back and get the Ace liners that seem to just bolt right it. Either one sits up into the well, so the outer fender is not affected.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I don’t run any rear liners. Plastic dipped that well 1.5 years ago and still looks great. That’s good news on the front

jdofmemi

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

On the AEV tire carrier, you might want to upgrade the bolt that holds the tire mounts in it's receiver.

I was out wheeling a while back and found a tire in the trail. I chased down the Jeep it came from, as I had met them and noticed they had no spare. I didn't think of it at the time, as many go without, but I found them and led them back to the tire.

The 1/2" bolt had sheared off and let the tire go on a rough stretch. They didn't even know it was gone, since the fuel cell blocks the tire from view.

If you have to build a new one anyway for the 8 lug, maybe go up to a 5/8 bolt, grade 8 or better.

wjtstudios

Hooked
On the AEV tire carrier, you might want to upgrade the bolt that holds the tire mounts in it's receiver.

I was out wheeling a while back and found a tire in the trail. I chased down the Jeep it came from, as I had met them and noticed they had no spare. I didn't think of it at the time, as many go without, but I found them and led them back to the tire.

The 1/2" bolt had sheared off and let the tire go on a rough stretch. They didn't even know it was gone, since the fuel cell blocks the tire from view.

If you have to build a new one anyway for the 8 lug, maybe go up to a 5/8 bolt, grade 8 or better.

Very good point. I will definitely upgrade that connection

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A.J.

You may end up needing to do a scanner bleed. I did it was actually pretty cool. Hook the scanner up and hold pressure on the pedal. Abs pump runs and the scanner tells you which bleeders you open. Works awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
You may end up needing to do a scanner bleed. I did it was actually pretty cool. Hook the scanner up and hold pressure on the pedal. Abs pump runs and the scanner tells you which bleeders you open. Works awesome!

Good to know. Can you rent one from a auto parts store?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A.J.

I don’t know? Friend who was helping me on the axle install had a Snap-on scanner. You might not even need it. If you bench bleed the master and don’t get any air in the abs pump you might get away with just power bleeder. If the pedal still kinda sucks after you’re done find a scanner or have dealer do it.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I went a different route, I had my powder coater shoot them for $150. And once it clears up, I’m going to take them in and have the fenders wrapped in the XPel self healing wrap. We’ll see how it holds up, but from the guys that I know with it on their cars, they love it. It’s crazy watching them intentionally scratch it, then they grab a cup of hot water and dump it on it and the scratches go away. Rock rash will be a different story, but it’s supposed to protect the paint behind it so you just need to replace the wrap. We’ll see.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find a powder coat color to match. I'll have to look into that wrap. I was throwing the idea of a wrap around. Trail pinstriping blows.:yup:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find a powder coat color to match. I'll have to look into that wrap. I was throwing the idea of a wrap around. Trail pinstriping blows.:yup:

It’s a bit pricey. I’m sure the fenders won’t be that bad, but to wrap the Jeep as much as I want to would get up there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom