The building of Bison

fiend

Caught the Bug
Did you look up 12v?

http://www.offroaders.com/technical/12-volt-wiring-tech-gauge-to-amps/

View attachment 352919

Either way the actual rating for that particular wire is written in the wire and easy to check.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I didn’t look up any particular voltage. The link I provided says it’s just a guide. The link you provided is even better. An additional consideration your link raises is that amperage depends on the length of the wire in the particular application. Your 125 amp suggestion should be fine given the probable length used here.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Did you look up 12v?

http://www.offroaders.com/technical/12-volt-wiring-tech-gauge-to-amps/

View attachment 352919

Either way the actual rating for that particular wire is written in the wire and easy to check.

According to this link, 4 gauge wire is good for 70 amps (copper) or 55 amps (aluminum) at 140 degrees F. If this is true, I wouldn’t go with a 150 amp circuit breaker because the wire might overheat and cause a fire before the breaker trips.

http://aic-controls.com/wire-size

Length is a factor, like always, so my cable length is 10’. So it looks like the 100 amp might be the right size.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

fiend

Caught the Bug
I watched the video.

The orange Jeep in the mud needed a kinetic recovery rope. Would have had him out in no time.

Or just a couple of jeeps with winches and snatch blocks. Probably no one wanted to get their shoes muddy though. [emoji849]

wjtstudios

Hooked
I bet you had some fun recovering people [emoji106]

That one we had to break out the block and shovel. The 12k winch was just dragging my 6700 lb jeep up a hill trying to pull him. We doubled back to Brick and were able to get him out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
That one we had to break out the block and shovel. The 12k winch was just dragging my 6700 lb jeep up a hill trying to pull him. We doubled back to Brick and were able to get him out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Good thing you were able to get him out! The challenge in the recovery can be fun at times and frustrating if it’s not working out

wjtstudios

Hooked
Good thing you were able to get him out! The challenge in the recovery can be fun at times and frustrating if it’s not working out

It’s all part of the experience! Had a friend if my son’s and his dad with us. It’s great watching their reactions with all different parts of the day. They’re hooked for life

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
It’s all part of the experience! Had a friend if my son’s and his dad with us. It’s great watching their reactions with all different parts of the day. They’re hooked for life

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Haha perfect! Good job getting them hooked! Is he now looking for a Jeep?

JKbrick

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Your trick is to let them all drive Bison, how could you not get hooked!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom