The building of Bison

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Looking great! Congrats on the first drive with the new shoes!

edit: Forgive me if I am talking out of my a$$ or you know what is causing it already. I don't remember what front axle you had in before, but I imagine the fusion axle has 10 degrees of separation in it. Did they align it or just get everything back in close to what it was before? Pinion might be a little high and bowing the spring...

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
The picture may be misleading but it looks like you need longer links. Also, you may need to shorten your lower control arms to get your sway bars to clear, your axle looks too far forward. Which may help the diff cover issue also. If your looking for coilovers let me know, I may know someone selling them this time next year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
Bison looks awesome!! Major improvements! Always need tweaks after something like this! Maybe in your caster adjustments you can roll the spring back some.

Camber - caster, always get those mixed up! Age thing!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
The picture may be misleading but it looks like you need longer links. Also, you may need to shorten your lower control arms to get your sway bars to clear, your axle looks too far forward. Which may help the diff cover issue also. If your looking for coilovers let me know, I may know someone selling them this time next year.

Thanks Alex, the links are the 4.5” links that came with the springs. The sway bar is sitting pretty level to the frame. I don’t know if I went to longer links if it would clear the spring or not.

I’ve got the uppers cranked back all the way and the lowers adjusted forward about 1/2-3/4” to get the caster into spec and to have the pinion lined up. Not much I can do there I think.

As for the coilovers, thank you. But if I go that route, it’s going to happen in the next month or two. I’ve got a lot to figure out on this next stage.

Thanks again for the help!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Looking great! Congrats on the first drive with the new shoes!

edit: Forgive me if I am talking out of my a$$ or you know what is causing it already. I don't remember what front axle you had in before, but I imagine the fusion axle has 10 degrees of separation in it. Did they align it or just get everything back in close to what it was before? Pinion might be a little high and bowing the spring...

Thanks Kevin!

The arm mounts should have been the same between the two fusion axles. I did swap between by set of 4” plush ride fronts back to my 4.5” AEV springs when we just did the swap and that could be part of the issue.

Yes, we aligned it by hand and the they put it on a rack to double check everything. I’ve got the pinion lined up exactly where I want it. But now with the locking hubs, it is probably less of a concern. I may length the lowers a bit more and see if that helps.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Looks like the axles are a little too far forward. Your on the back half of the bump stops. I think you can adjust to clear it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

The uppers are as short as they get. The lowers are out 1/2-3/4. The caster is good and the pinion is perfect, but I could give it a bit more by lengthening the lowers and which may rotate the spring back?? I don’t know. Or just say screw it and put a set of coilovers on it and be done. It never ends.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Thanks Alex, the links are the 4.5” links that came with the springs. The sway bar is sitting pretty level to the frame. I don’t know if I went to longer links if it would clear the spring or not.

I’ve got the uppers cranked back all the way and the lowers adjusted forward about 1/2-3/4” to get the caster into spec and to have the pinion lined up. Not much I can do there I think.

As for the coilovers, thank you. But if I go that route, it’s going to happen in the next month or two. I’ve got a lot to figure out on this next stage.

Thanks again for the help!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

The sway bars would be better if they were above level with a bit of an angle down towards the front. I would shorten your lowers and push your uppers out more to dial in your caster. When setting up my front end I used the lowers to center the axle and the uppers to dial in the caster.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Bison looks awesome!! Major improvements! Always need tweaks after something like this! Maybe in your caster adjustments you can roll the spring back some.

Camber - caster, always get those mixed up! Age thing!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do the same 🤣 not an age thing.

I agree, the next couple months will be all about dialing it in.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
I had to take the comparison photo between the new and old tires. Just a little difference!

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

bmkrinne

Just a little bit bigger!!! Haha!

It is interesting to see the tread patterns side by side and very similar. How many miles on the BFG’s?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just a little bit bigger!!! Haha!

It is interesting to see the tread patterns side by side and very similar. How many miles on the BFG’s?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Just a bit!

That spare was new. The others had 50k on them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
The side by side difference is crazy. I was really surprised when I did that with mine :shock:.
Did you get the spare mounted on the carrier? I'm hoping I never get a flat. Hello, AAA? LOL

wjtstudios

Hooked
The side by side difference is crazy. I was really surprised when I did that with mine :shock:.
Did you get the spare mounted on the carrier? I'm hoping I never get a flat. Hello, AAA? LOL

Too funny!

My welder is updating the mount today to 8 lug. I’m a bit worried how low the spare is going to hand on the AEV carrier. Once it’s up, I might buy one of Eddie’s stingers.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
Too funny!

My welder is updating the mount today to 8 lug. I’m a bit worried how low the spare is going to hand on the AEV carrier. Once it’s up, I might buy one of Eddie’s stingers.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Is the aev carrier rated for a 40?

Top Bottom