The building of Bison

bmkrinne

The first little flex test and the rear tires were up into the water tanks in the bumper. Next project will be removing those and chopping the rear bumper now.

Looking really amazing!

Good luck with the Allen head bolts holding the water tanks on. I tried to remove mine and all but one of the captured nuts just spin in the tank. Couldn’t get them off. Sawzall will be your friend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Looking really amazing!

Good luck with the Allen head bolts holding the water tanks on. I tried to remove mine and all but one of the captured nuts just spin in the tank. Couldn’t get them off. Sawzall will be your friend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That’s been my plan all along! I’m not taking any care to take them off nicely [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Thought you might be interested in these bracckets. I ordered two pairs just in case I wind up getting a trailer someday. Figured there wouldn't be an easier time to do it.

Weld-On-Axle-Housing-Bracket-3-popup.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thought you might be interested in these bracckets. I ordered two pairs just in case I wind up getting a trailer someday. Figured there wouldn't be an easier time to do it.

View attachment 341889

Those are real nice. I might need to do that. Are they built by Mac?

I already have a set of the Mac straps, but I’ll need another set or add those tabs as I start to move to dragging 2 Jeeps.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

View attachment 341889

I’ve been looking at those vs the regular straps but I’ve ruled them out just in case I need to pull someone else. I still might get them though and just keep extra straps, it is a nice option

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Those are real nice. I might need to do that. Are they built by Mac?

I already have a set of the Mac straps, but I’ll need another set or add those tabs as I start to move to dragging 2 Jeeps.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yup they're from MAC. Probably could found some a little cheaper but I really like their straps & trail vice so...

Those are sweeeet

Yeah, I saw these on someones rig & thought they were a pretty cool idea

Ddays

Hooked
I’ve been looking at those vs the regular straps but I’ve ruled them out just in case I need to pull someone else. I still might get them though and just keep extra straps, it is a nice option

Yup I agree. I may never use them but I figured I'd rather not use them than be pissed when I needed them

wjtstudios

Hooked
First project for the week done, getting the spare tire up and on the Jeep. It took some work getting my back up camera to still work with the new 8 lug mount. But it came out pretty clean.

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

I’m definitely going to be ordering a stinger though. It does hang down pretty low.

IMG_2598.jpg

But low is 32” above the ground. How high are the spares off the ground on the EVO mounts for anyone running 40s?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
First project for the week done, getting the spare tire up and on the Jeep. It took some work getting my back up camera to still work with the new 8 lug mount. But it came out pretty clean.

View attachment 341978

View attachment 341979

I’m definitely going to be ordering a stinger though. It does hang down pretty low.

View attachment 341980

But low is 32” above the ground. How high are the spares off the ground on the EVO mounts for anyone running 40s?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

34” on the evo cage carrier and 40’s. 30” on the two door with evo hinge carrier and 37’s.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I’m not that far off, thank you. Is it a concern stepping down ledges and having it bump?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

My evo cage carrier, no not at all. There is a large dent in the tube from dropping the whole weight of the Jeep on it.

The evo hinge carrier, a little but not as much as the stock. I do have a hitch stinger that I could use if needed.

I would just get a hitch stinger and rock it. I think yours looks not so proportionate compared to the evo cage because there is nothing else back there. You see the small taillights and the giant ass tire. I think it looks good though.

wjtstudios

Hooked
My evo cage carrier, no not at all. There is a large dent in the tube from dropping the whole weight of the Jeep on it.

The evo hinge carrier, a little but not as much as the stock. I do have a hitch stinger that I could use if needed.

I would just get a hitch stinger and rock it. I think yours looks not so proportionate compared to the evo cage because there is nothing else back there. You see the small taillights and the giant ass tire. I think it looks good though.

It is a giant ass tire. I’ll order a stinger today. Thank you.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
It looks massive hanging off the back of the Jeep! Did you get it up there by yourself or do you need help? I can get my 37 up there but it's a chore. I found if I use my workshop stool and get it up there it's pretty simple to get it on the rest of the way. Course you can't do that on the roadside or trail :crazyeyes:

I'm curious to see how you're gonna trim your rear bumper. Are you going to shorten it too or just trim the ends that wrap around?

JKbrick

It looks massive hanging off the back of the Jeep! Did you get it up there by yourself or do you need help? I can get my 37 up there but it's a chore. I found if I use my workshop stool and get it up there it's pretty simple to get it on the rest of the way. Course you can't do that on the roadside or trail :crazyeyes:

I'm curious to see how you're gonna trim your rear bumper. Are you going to shorten it too or just trim the ends that wrap around?

Let all the air out and put it up there then fill it. The air is what makes them so heavy

Top Bottom