The Building of Meanst

speed3d

airbag

BTW, anyone know if you can just unplug the front airbags to make them inoperable?

You have to measure the resistance across the airbag, then replace it with the appropriate resistor- or else you will trigger trouble codes.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Nice work Sharkey :thumb:.......I believe I may have to go this route as well......been looking at this setup for a while just shelling out the $800-$1100 (depending on the batteries) has been my holdup lol......time to pull the trigger :yup:

~Woodrow~

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I thought I read you were supposed to install 2 new batteries with install?

I think that is preferred but it's pricey. He bought a brand new one today and I used that for the primary. The old one is the accessory battery. It's not that old and hasn't been worked very hard.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think that is preferred but it's pricey. He bought a brand new one today and I used that for the primary. The old one is the accessory battery. It's not that old and hasn't been worked very hard.

That's what your wife said about you. She was wrong.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You have to measure the resistance across the airbag, then replace it with the appropriate resistor- or else you will trigger trouble codes.

That's way above my pay grade. ;)

He will either have to live with the codes or just keep live airbags under the covers. Anyone have real world experience with what the airbags would do under a seat cover if they deployed?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
That's way above my pay grade. ;)

He will either have to live with the codes or just keep live airbags under the covers. Anyone have real world experience with what the airbags would do under a seat cover if they deployed?

Ahem... I may have seen such a thing. I'm guessing it will vary based upon the material and how tight it is on the seats, but they blow out with so much force, they blew around the cover.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ahem... I may have seen such a thing. I'm guessing it will vary based upon the material and how tight it is on the seats, but they blow out with so much force, they blew around the cover.

Ok, so the cover gets ruined but there isn't really any danger to the occupant?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hoping to get the TC cable in this weekend. Pulling the center console is a bit of a PITA.

I successfully pulled the TC handle without giving myself a black eye.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429331867.501119.jpg

Here is a shot with the console out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429331915.120006.jpg

Here is a shot of the dumb OEM plastic clip that breaks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429331959.921605.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'll take photos as I go along. First note if I did it over again. I'd probably pull the seats to have more room to work and I'd also unhook the e-brake at the rear wheels (I may still end up doing this to get the console back in).

Sharkey, looking forward to this. I have had one sitting in the garage for almost a year. I have not taken the time to dive in. You've inspired me. I do have a few of the poly stay washers in the glove box though.......

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sharkey, looking forward to this. I have had one sitting in the garage for almost a year. I have not taken the time to dive in. You've inspired me. I do have a few of the poly stay washers in the glove box though.......

I know what you mean. I don't know if I'll have time to finish it this weekend but I figured if I didn't get started the cable would be still sitting in the box this summer. ;)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Had some free time today so I got to work on the cable.

Out with the old, in with the new.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429500700.288120.jpg

You have to cut the old cable in half to get the grommet off. Some dish soap helps gets the grommet onto the new cable.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429500817.307216.jpg

Here are a few pics of the new brackets on the OEM shifter box.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429500865.328484.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429500898.111505.jpg

Cable is in, shifter is mounted. I'll have to wait for another day to put the console back together.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429500966.999241.jpg

Since the console is out, I drilled and mounted the switches for the heated seats.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429501053.329602.jpg

Time to eat some ribs (I was cooking while working).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429501128.733666.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Nice work.....is mine next? I'll even toss in my smoker and all the meat you can cook:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Lol. Sure. Actually, this wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. Dealing with the console is by far the worst part, and I still need to put it back in.

I can definitely feel the difference in the shifting. I still need to get it on the road to make sure no final adjustments are needed, then the console goes back in.

Top Bottom