The Building of Meanst

Lol. Sure. Actually, this wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. Dealing with the console is by far the worst part, and I still need to put it back in.

I can definitely feel the difference in the shifting. I still need to get it on the road to make sure no final adjustments are needed, then the console goes back in.

Good to hear! I need to get mine done. I'm debating weather to put a 1350 drive line on while I'm at it. I've got a 1310 but want to just carry 1350 u joints and have the extra strength of the 50. I figure I have to take half of it off anyway.....

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^Might as well. I pulled the front drive shaft completely for the TC cable install. You have to pull the TC yoke to put the new TC bracket on.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Had a little time tonight so I got the console back in and got to work on the seat covers/heated seat elements. Once the elements and covers are on, I'll finish up the wiring at the same time I wire his new slick dual USB ports.

At that point, all that will be left is the protek skid system.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429673723.182484.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Lol. I enjoy it. Plus, when I finally get another Jeep I will be doing many of the same installs. It's always nice to do a dry run on someone else's vehicle. ;)

(Just kidding Meanst)

Lol. I enjoy it. Plus, when I finally get another Jeep I will be doing many of the same installs. It's always nice to do a dry run on someone else's vehicle. ;)

(Just kidding Meanst)

Hahahaha. I've never had a real name for my JK. When I was doing my lift awhile back, I kept telling my wife I was going to the therapist when I'd go out and work on her. "Doc" has kind of stuck since then. I know exactly what you mean!!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Put the other seat cover in. These TrekArmor covers are nice. Just be careful putting them on or you will be doing some stitching (don't ask). ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429745062.136243.jpg

I need to get a fuse holder and some split loom and then I will wire the seat heaters and this sweet USB plug.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429745143.074658.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I think I'm going to mount it on the side of the center console, near the console's front mounting bolt on the passenger side. When you pull the boot on the manual shifter there is a lot of room in there plus it's easy to get wires in there without pulling the console out.

I'll take pics as I'm going. The cool thing about this plug is the 2.1 amp spot. Should charge faster than standard USB ports.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think I'm going to mount it on the side of the center console, near the console's front mounting bolt on the passenger side. When you pull the boot on the manual shifter there is a lot of room in there plus it's easy to get wires in there without pulling the console out.

I'll take pics as I'm going. The cool thing about this plug is the 2.1 amp spot. Should charge faster than standard USB ports.

Can you install it for me next weekend? Lol

Sharkey

Word Ninja
There is one issue with where I'm installing it that could pose a problem for you. With the seat all the way forward (as in, really close to the dash), plugging something in might be difficult. So, you will either have to choose a different spot or Russ will not be able to reach the dash when riding with you (if a charger is plugged in). ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There is one issue with where I'm installing it that could pose a problem for you. With the seat all the way forward (as in, really close to the dash), plugging something in might be difficult. So, you will either have to choose a different spot or Russ will not be able to reach the dash when riding with you (if a charger is plugged in). ;)

My seat is never forward. Russ always has it all the way back so it's easier to lean over.

Top Bottom