The Building of Meanst

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Had some free time today so I got to work on the cable.

Here are a few pics of the new brackets on the OEM shifter box.

View attachment 138466
View attachment 138468

Cable is in, shifter is mounted. I'll have to wait for another day to put the console back together.

View attachment 138473

Sharkey, does this make the shifting transition from 4Hi to 4Lo easier as well? My shifter always gives me a hard time when moving from the Neutral position to 4Lo and I wonder if this would help that as well.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ It helps but more so because you can pull hard on the shifter without worrying about snapping the plastic OEM connectors. The tcase is still finicky though, and sometimes you have to roll the vehicle just a tad before shifting in and out of low. The throw and action feels much more solid to me.

Last edited:

CJW

^^ It helps but more so because you can pull hard on the shifter without worrying about snapping the plastic OEM connectors. The tranny is still finicky though, and sometimes you have to roll the vehicle just a tad before shifting in and out of low. The throw and action feels much more solid to me.

Maybe I missed it but, where did you get the brackets from? Or did you make them?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This is a complete upgrade kit from Advance Adapters. It includes everything (cable, brackets, joints, etc.).

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Finished up the USB and heated seats today.

Here is the USB.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430086980.673120.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430087005.465979.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430087022.724649.jpg

Here are the seat heaters. Red is high, green is low, middle is off.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430087069.636018.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430087085.794702.jpg

All that is left for this round is installing the EVO protek skid system.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks good! I like the placement of the 12V port. Might be harder as the boot isn't as easy to remove in the new ones I don't think.

My heaters don't work on high anymore and the green is now low. I need to pull them and get it warrantied.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Finished up the USB and heated seats today.

Here is the USB.

View attachment 139538
View attachment 139539
View attachment 139540

Here are the seat heaters. Red is high, green is low, middle is off.

View attachment 139541
View attachment 139542

All that is left for this round is installing the EVO protek skid system.

Looks great!

Those are the same places I used for my USB outlet and power switches.

I need to do the heaters at some point too.

Great clean looking install!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well, sadly, it looks like my time with meanst's Jeep has come to an end.

I installed the EVO Protek skid system today.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430674372.509758.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430674394.559384.jpg

Except for maybe some small odds and ends like a new head unit, this Jeep is done. It performs great as a hunting rig and around town, and it is running high quality parts all the way around.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Great Job Sharkey. I hate to inform you but, a Jeep is never really done. :yup: Besides, I'm sure you'll have your own soon enough and have to do the same installs all over again. :rock:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I just meant that his Jeep is pretty much done. There isn't really anything else he wants.

Now, when I get mine that will be a whole different can of worms. ;)

r2fasani

I just re-read the entire build because I like it so much. Sharkey or Meanst, were either of you able to settle whether it was the 3" or 4" Enforcer? Just curious. Thanks!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I just re-read the entire build because I like it so much. Sharkey or Meanst, were either of you able to settle whether it was the 3" or 4" Enforcer? Just curious. Thanks!

I'm not sure. Sorry. I'll ask Meanst if he ever confirmed.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Been some time since I have updated this thread. Meanst has an ‘08 that didn’t come with Bluetooth or navigation. He finally got around to ordering up a new head unit, back up camera, and mic. Here are a few pics of the install I did yesterday. I had to get creative and modify some of the brackets but it turned out pretty damn nice.

IMG_4317.JPG
IMG_4324.JPG
IMG_4319.JPG
IMG_4321.JPG
IMG_4322.JPG
IMG_4325.JPG
IMG_4326.JPG
IMG_4328.JPG

Houston, we have a problem.

IMG_4329.JPG

Sorry, I only have a crappy night pic of the head unit fully installed but it looks great.

I’ll snap a few pics when the flush mount usb for CarPlay shows up and I get that installed in place of the cig lighter.

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Nicely done on the mic placement and mount work. I was in the process of installing a new stereo in mine until this cold weather hit us. I might borrow your idea.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
That's a great place for the mic, never thought of putting it there. Mine hangs out on my visor. I too may steal this!

Top Bottom