The Building of Meanst

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey Sharkey...before we start...can you check and make sure we have all the parts? Oh right, you did inventory already. :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
All this waiting is killing me. Time to get something done. View attachment 36224

Did you let a sprinkler run underneath that beast? That floor looks a lot dirtier than when I was over there last. :idontknow:

You know what flight I'm on, if you are still working and want me to stop by send me a text.

Edit: and before I forget...we need to move those hard brake lines.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Rear shocks off, rear links off, hard lines unbolted from frame and e brake unbolted from tub. Springs are coming out next. Then I'll cut the track bar axle side mount.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Some people use spring compressors. They scare the piss out of me. I've found that using a floor jack on the dif and bottle jacks on top of the axle provides good control and gets you the droop you need. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371777351.802277.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Done for the night. Everything was going well until I had a jacksident. (No, that's not what happens when overlander shoots himself in the eye.) I loosened up the pin on one of my bottle jacks too far and ended up with a mess of hydraulic fluid. Oh well, lesson learned. Rear is mostly done. Just need to install links, bump stop extensions, brake lines, and torque everything down.

GCM 2

Done for the night. Everything was going well until I had a jacksident. (No, that's not what happens when overlander shoots himself in the eye.) I loosened up the pin on one of my bottle jacks too far and ended up with a mess of hydraulic fluid. Oh well, lesson learned. Rear is mostly done. Just need to install links, bump stop extensions, brake lines, and torque everything down.

Man, you are trucking right along with the work on Meanst. Nice job brother ;)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Done with work. Time to get back at it. Even with just the rear done, the Jeep looks so much better. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371862083.149212.jpg

Top Bottom