The building of "StormTrooper"

Anybody install an ARB twin compressor under the passenger seat of their jk or anywhere else for that matter? I need to find a place to run the wiring and need to get a part list together for the plumbing. I want to run 2 disconnects, one on each side of the jeep, in between the front and rear door. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Serg5000

Anybody install an ARB twin compressor under the passenger seat of their jk or anywhere else for that matter? I need to find a place to run the wiring and need to get a part list together for the plumbing. I want to run 2 disconnects, one on each side of the jeep, in between the front and rear door. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

There are many threads on this matter. A search would prove very helpful to you.

HILLZ

Thanks,
Sean

i know there is a bracket out there to mount under the seat but not sure on how it performs, i've also seen it mounted above the rear wheel well on the side that has the factory sub-woofer (if you have one) and the power outlet. being near a power source would be handy for hooking the unit up but not sur if the factory wires are big enough to handle the power needs of the compressor.
this is something i'd like to look further into aswell so if you find any good info let me know.. :rock:

i know there is a bracket out there to mount under the seat but not sure on how it performs, i've also seen it mounted above the rear wheel well on the side that has the factory sub-woofer (if you have one) and the power outlet. being near a power source would be handy for hooking the unit up but not sur if the factory wires are big enough to handle the power needs of the compressor.
this is something i'd like to look further into aswell so if you find any good info let me know.. :rock:

Will do, if you go back a few pages you can see the Carolina metal masters bracket I purchased for under the passenger seat. As for in the rear, I do not have a sub nor a power source in the back of my jeep. From what I understand, the closer you mount it to the battery, the better.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
This is my logic, wiring wise. You'd need two switches (I recommend OTRATTW) and quite a bit of wires (probably 16-18 guage). If this wouldn't work, then ignore me completely please hahahaha
2 Switch Wiring Diagram.jpg
You can run the positive off the switches through a small hole on the passenger side of the firewall behind the dash (see other threads for that location...I think the CB wiring thread shows the location for sure but I may be wrong. if you cna't find it, I'll take a pic tonight and show you). The positive can just go to the battery, because it has switches it won't drain the battery all the time. Even with the OTRATTW switches having a small incandecent bulb in them, they don't draw too much power. They also have LED ones that'd draw even less power. The switch is up to you.

If there is error in my logic, someone let me know haha I'm slowly becoming better and better at wiring and this only makes sense to me hahaha

This is my logic, wiring wise. You'd need two switches (I recommend OTRATTW) and quite a bit of wires (probably 16-18 guage). If this wouldn't work, then ignore me completely please hahahaha
View attachment 75578
You can run the positive off the switches through a small hole on the passenger side of the firewall behind the dash (see other threads for that location...I think the CB wiring thread shows the location for sure but I may be wrong. if you cna't find it, I'll take a pic tonight and show you). The positive can just go to the battery, because it has switches it won't drain the battery all the time. Even with the OTRATTW switches having a small incandecent bulb in them, they don't draw too much power. They also have LED ones that'd draw even less power. The switch is up to you.

If there is error in my logic, someone let me know haha I'm slowly becoming better and better at wiring and this only makes sense to me hahaha

Thank you for the help! My main trouble is figuring out where I can run the wiring harness that comes with the compressor. I have a switch location figured out and I have the mount but the plug that ARB uses is at least 2" wide and I can't find anywhere thru the firewall that large.

Well, finally ordered my Dynomax evo comp exhaust yesterday, should be here In a few days and installed right after that! It will end up costing me about $170 after the $50 rebate.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Thank you for the help! My main trouble is figuring out where I can run the wiring harness that comes with the compressor. I have a switch location figured out and I have the mount but the plug that ARB uses is at least 2" wide and I can't find anywhere thru the firewall that large.

On the drivers side theres a hole you can use but idk if theres on on the passenger side, I'd have to look. It'd be behind the glove compartment somewhere. I'll try to remember hahaha

Well, finally ordered my Dynomax evo comp exhaust yesterday, should be here In a few days and installed right after that! It will end up costing me about $170 after the $50 rebate.

Damn that's a good price!

On the drivers side theres a hole you can use but idk if theres on on the passenger side, I'd have to look. It'd be behind the glove compartment somewhere. I'll try to remember hahaha

Damn that's a good price!

Drivers side where the clutch pedal would be but it's not nearly big enough. I believe there is an opening behind the battery tray but haven't had an opportunity to look. I'll check it out once I get the air lines and fittings figured out

Got the dynomax exhaust yesterday and installed it shortly after. This is the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a jeep! Very pleased
6e4ydymy.jpg

Anybody have a fix for this or is this normal? Seems my exhaust hangs lower towards the rear of the jeep
yza5aqeb.jpg

Last edited:
Also, i have a 20" light bar putting out 10,500 lumens sitting in my garage, should I mount it between my frame rails?
u2userav.jpg
ame7udur.jpg

That's a possibility, thought the frame rail would be good to keep it protected and slightly more hidden from thieves. If I could sell this bar, id just do they typical 4 led pods like everybody else but nobody wants it

HILLZ

That's a possibility, thought the frame rail would be good to keep it protected and slightly more hidden from thieves. If I could sell this bar, id just do they typical 4 led pods like everybody else but nobody wants it

put the 20" on ya front bar and then get some of the 4 LED ones for the back

Beyrgut

Well since you cut the 2.5 off check to make sure the front isn't rubbing on the cross member above it, I had that issue. There is no need to cut it for the 4 doors. I think I have pics of mine on the writeup thread showing how close it was, I ended up buying a new intermediate pipe and leaving it at length.

From your pic it looks like the rubber hanger is more vertical than horizontal in the rear. It should look similar to pic/step 19 in the writeup, it may just hard to tell from your photo.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea you only needed to cut 2.5" off if you had a 2 door. Since you have a 4 it isn't needed. Maybe this is your issue as to why it hangs down

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom