The Chronicles of JeepFan and GemHunter

After the calico run tomorrow I have some work to do. Oil change, diffs, t-case, air filter, replace a clevite, rotate tires, retorque everything, Ultra deep cleaning. How much for your services plus my garage fridge is stocked...haha?

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's always a fun job. How long does it take you?
Probably a couple hours... wanna come help? 😉

After the calico run tomorrow I have some work to do. Oil change, diffs, t-case, air filter, replace a clevite, rotate tires, retorque everything, Ultra deep cleaning. How much for your services plus my garage fridge is stocked...haha?

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol! Wow! That's a long list. You almost had me with a stocked fridge until I thought about that clevite bushing and deep cleaning. Too much work...Lol. Have a good time.

No way, you made your own pump? I need more details on this!! :thumb:

Agreed, details please :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here you go...

IMG_20170610_124122.jpg

IMG_20170610_124135.jpg

IMG_20170610_124149.jpg

All you need is a 1qt Mason jar, 4' of clear 3/8" tubing a couple elbow fittings and a vacuum pump. Harbor freight sells a pretty decent pump and everything else can be purchased at a hardware store. Drill 2 holes in the lid and epoxy the fittings in. Voila, you've got yourself vacuum reservoir.

Before removing the transmission pan, I insert the clear tube all the way to the bottom of the dipstick tube to vacuum out as much trans fluid as possible (about 3 qts). It helps reduce the amount of fluid spillage when removing the pan.

Also, every other oil change I vacuum out 3 qts of trans fluid and add 3 qts of new back in to keep the transmission happy happy happy. [emoji106]

Let me know if you have any questions...

Probably a couple hours... wanna come help? ��

Lol! Wow! That's a long list. You almost had me with a stocked fridge until I thought about that clevite bushing and deep cleaning. Too much work...Lol. Have a good time.

Well I have the replacement clevite I'm just going to drop the arm and take it to NAPA to press the old one out and new one in..haha. The beer will take the edge off the deep cleaning.:crazyeyes:

Tomorrow's project...replace rear caliper brackets with brackets that have less caliper pin play. Hopefully this eliminates the annoying squeak noise driving over rough terrain under light braking and prevent the anti-rattle clips from loosening and falling off.

IMG_20170616_194252.jpg

This Extreme Purple Pearl Sahara caught my eye on the way to work today... What do you think of the color...

IMG_20170629_060341.jpg

Top Bottom