The CYBERTRUCK : What do You Think of It?

What do you think of the Cybertruck?

• I LOVE IT - Take my money already!!

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • eh - Better than a 4Xe

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Ugly as sin but... I'd wheel it

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Kill it with fire!!

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • None of the above - see below for my answer

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ya know, I totally understand the desire for the faithful to church up their beloved electric "off road" vehicles but watching and listening to guys like this... really make it hard for me to take them seriously.

And, let's be real here, driving around a town on dirt roads right off of US HWY 95 is sightseeing, not "off-roading" or "exploring". And, there's nothing wrong with that but these guys could at least try to be honest about it.

And yes, I know this is a Rivian but it's all the same nonsense to me.

Ya know, I totally understand the desire for the faithful to church up their beloved electric "off road" vehicles but watching and listening to guys like this... really make it hard for me to take them seriously.

And, let's be real here, driving around a town on dirt roads right off of US HWY 95 is sightseeing, not "off-roading" or "exploring". And, there's nothing wrong with that but these guys could at least try to be honest about it.

In the not so distant future, this is the only “off-roading” we’re going to have access to. Places like Rubicon will be off limits to all but hikers… maybe not even them. Start training people now. 😡

Ddays

Hooked

needs a widdle wadder to be totally legit

DaJudge

They should do I real time charging experience video. If that guy really ended up with 11 miles left when he got to that charger he was there a long time waiting on it to charge. That's my biggest problem with most of these videos that are supposed to be electric vehicles in the real world, 99% of them won't tell you how long it took them to charge it up. Just like this guy they are pushing the fact that more chargers are popping up but never giving you the reality of what using that charger was like. I have only seen a few that are honest about it.

And,"pretty much unstoppable"; What a moron! Maybe we should send him the video of Trail Mater rescuing a Rivian on Fins-N-Things in Moab.
That is the second trail I ever did in Moab. I was in my stock 2001 Ranger and it breezed through it.

Last edited:

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
It's like a truck ... but for the gender confused - pretty much how I feel about all ev trucks. They can't haul/tow for long distances... they suck at going off the beaten path.. what is the point of making a EV truck if it sucks at doing truck things ? It's really just trying to identify as a truck for city folks to convince themselves that they can (look) like they do truck things... Until they can tow max capacity 500 miles+ and recharge in about 30minutes or less... they are pretty useless as trucks and will just become another fashion statement fad.

It's like a truck ... but for the gender confused - pretty much how I feel about all ev trucks. They can't haul/tow for long distances... they suck at going off the beaten path.. what is the point of making a EV truck if it sucks at doing truck things ? It's really just trying to identify as a truck for city folks to convince themselves that they can (look) like they do truck things... Until they can tow max capacity 500 miles+ and recharge in about 30minutes or less... they are pretty useless as trucks and will just become another fashion statement fad.
Kinda like a jt
🤣

Top Bottom