The CYBERTRUCK : What do You Think of It?

What do you think of the Cybertruck?

• I LOVE IT - Take my money already!!

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • eh - Better than a 4Xe

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Ugly as sin but... I'd wheel it

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Kill it with fire!!

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • None of the above - see below for my answer

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Yeah a 5 foot bed is the most capable truck out there.
Yeah its not a 1 ton truck.... nor is it as big as one and i wouldn't expect it to be. I already owned one of those - however if you need something that will tow a smaller trailer and 1k lbs or so of payload or so its more than capable - I used my last JT to redo the flooring in my home (vinyl planks) and it had no problem hauling cases of the stuff (i bought i believe 30 cases at a time) and if you have done flooring you know that stuff is heavy. I also replaced both refrigerators (used it for that) a dishwasher, mulch, new soil, and other lawn/yard stuff. Is it going to tow a 20k lb trailer ? Hell no. Will it do fine for around the house things (that I described) - absolutely.

I have owned plenty of 1 ton trucks - they have the turning radius of a battleship, suck at parking - and if you have a gas one - really suck at fuel economy - if you have a diesel the emissions garbage is a real let down. Sure a powerwagon may fair decently on trails - but in general they are too wide for most trails. If you are just going to be putting together cabinets you don't need a sledge hammer. You don't need to have a 10"+ unit to be with a lady. Similarly you don't need a 1 ton truck to do truck stuff (unless your doing heavy hauling/towing).

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah its not a 1 ton truck.... nor is it as big as one and i wouldn't expect it to be. I already owned one of those - however if you need something that will tow a smaller trailer and 1k lbs or so of payload or so its more than capable - I used my last JT to redo the flooring in my home (vinyl planks) and it had no problem hauling cases of the stuff (i bought i believe 30 cases at a time) and if you have done flooring you know that stuff is heavy. I also replaced both refrigerators (used it for that) a dishwasher, mulch, new soil, and other lawn/yard stuff. Is it going to tow a 20k lb trailer ? Hell no. Will it do fine for around the house things (that I described) - absolutely.

I have owned plenty of 1 ton trucks - they have the turning radius of a battleship, suck at parking - and if you have a gas one - really suck at fuel economy - if you have a diesel the emissions garbage is a real let down. Sure a powerwagon may fair decently on trails - but in general they are too wide for most trails. If you are just going to be putting together cabinets you don't need a sledge hammer. You don't need to have a 10"+ unit to be with a lady. Similarly you don't need a 1 ton truck to do truck stuff (unless your doing heavy hauling/towing).
lol you don’t need to justify your purchase to me. Glad you’re happy with it. I can haul all that stuff with my JK and a trailer though so not really saying much.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Stolen from somewhere else but - this is going to be kinda messy to do in a wrangler (so yes a 5ft bed can be useful)...
14846d6c-ac0a-4b2b-abdf-49825ec157ae_1_105_c-jpeg.7945429

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
lol you don’t need to justify your purchase to me. Glad you’re happy with it. I can haul all that stuff with my JK and a trailer though so not really saying much.
I am happy with it - does all the light truck stuff I need/want - i didn't like the idea of throwing trash in the back of my 4runner (when I had it) - nor the thought of needing to load it up with mulch/topsoil and other stuff, some wood etc. For that kind of thing a JT is great. I have a small TT i will be towing with it once. If i needed to do anything more than that ... i'd invest in a 2nd 1 ton truck. My biggest gripe with them is all the emissions junk they put on them - the gas ones can get the job done (but they will make you pay at the pump). If i could get a old 12v p-pump 5.9 that isn't beat to hell at a reasonable price or a 24v common rail 5.9 that is clean at a reasonable price.. that would be the way i'd go - unfortunately those trucks in mint condition can cost as much as a new JT.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda glad for it being in the shitter as it's done wonders to bring the price of a 2023 back down to earth. I wouldn't have bought my second if it were still as stupid high as it was.
This is EXACTLY why I didn't look at a Jeeps when I bought my 4runner - Wranglers were pretty much selling at sticker still (and for the most part kinda still are) JT's were still at sticker... honestly your video changed everything for me. If you told me I had to buy my JT at sticker... I definitely would have passed. You can get a new Diesel 1 ton with decent options for the same going price as most JTR's were being pushed at sticker. Shoot I remember when they first came out and during covid - dealers were charging minimum $10k+ over sticker (it was ridiculous) and you would be lucky to find a dealer willing to sell one at sticker. The biggest reason why they are not selling well (if you ask me) is the sticker shock... Jeep needs to be more realistic with their pricing.

The Wranglers are selling decently well but imo thats because they have no real competition - with the Gladiator there is a bunch of other midsize trucks out there - fully spec'd out usually top out at around the $50k-ish mark in comparison I've seen JTR's fully spec'd out with nearly $80k stickers (that is ridiculous).

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Agreed. But I classify the JT as an SUV with an open cargo area. Not such a truck. Lol
Thats pretty much exactly what a "midsize" truck is. Fair and accurate and exactly what I wanted/needed in a vehicle lol. Not going to lie I did eye getting back into a 1 ton truck - but my experience with modern diesels really pushed me away - if the need does arise again - it will be a L5P 3500hd - LTZ.

It's like a truck ... but for the gender confused - pretty much how I feel about all ev trucks. They can't haul/tow for long distances... they suck at going off the beaten path.. what is the point of making a EV truck if it sucks at doing truck things ? It's really just trying to identify as a truck for city folks to convince themselves that they can (look) like they do truck things... Until they can tow max capacity 500 miles+ and recharge in about 30minutes or less... they are pretty useless as trucks and will just become another fashion statement fad.
Hardly anyone uses a pick-up truck for "truck things" these days. Witness the elimination of the long bed and single bench cab from the market. In fact, hardly anyone does their own chores/work any more, with the work being done by recent immigrants driving very old trucks.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Didn’t mean to swat the hornets nest. I love my little pick up too.

But it is no truck. The Fucken thing doesn’t even fit my mountain bike. I have to use a hitch rack like a damn Tesla loser. 🤣
I stepped down from an 8’ bed with a full height tool box.. to 6’ bed with a raised tool box... And I miss the 8’ bed. No way could a JT work for me.. But Overlander is right.. a good trailer goes a long way.

IMG_4646.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I stepped down from an 8’ bed with a full height tool box.. to 6’ bed with a raised tool box... And I miss the 8’ bed. No way could a JT work for me.. But Overlander is right.. a good trailer goes a long way.

View attachment 401944
Yup, this ^^^ I'm trying to use my JT for work but it's more like, I need to put effort into making it work. For real work, I turn to my Duramax but a trailer is super helpful to have.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Didn’t mean to swat the hornets nest. I love my little pick up too.

But it is no truck. The Fucken thing doesn’t even fit my mountain bike. I have to use a hitch rack like a damn Tesla loser. 🤣
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I have no idea what kinda bike you are trying to throw back there - but i just toss my GT Avalanche in the bed every time - and don't have an issue (and i refuse to get a hitch rack). Was looking at Harleys and i immediately noticed that a soft tail (let alone a touring bike) will NOT fit in the bed - so ramps are worthless. I doubt a sxs for sure will not fit either.

View attachment 401944
You really need a bigger truck - i don't think you can even buy a 1/2 ton anymore that has an 8' bed - they eliminated all the reg cabs as far as I can tell (and those were the only ones that had the 8' bed option) - even then i doubt it would cope with that load these newer 1/2 tons imo are junk/not meant for work. The only way to go with with a 3/4 ton/1ton truck (if your buying new).
Yup, this ^^^ I'm trying to use my JT for work but it's more like, I need to put effort into making it work. For real work, I turn to my Duramax but a trailer is super helpful to have.
Same thing i was thinking - I am not going to be hauling or towing outside the parameters - and will not regularly need to haul long items (or stuff that won't fit in the bed). If that need does arise - I'll look at a 3500. In terms of trucks of its size - the JT can haul more, tow more or the same as every other "truck" in its class.

TrailHunter

Hooked
You really need a bigger truck - i don't think you can even buy a 1/2 ton anymore that has an 8' bed - they eliminated all the reg cabs as far as I can tell (and those were the only ones that had the 8' bed option) - even then i doubt it would cope with that load these newer 1/2 tons imo are junk/not meant for work. The only way to go with with a 3/4 ton/1ton truck (if your buying new).
Nah.. That's why I sold the Duramax... I don't Need it anymore. I just Miss it. And I think the newer V6 motors are great. My F150 1/2 ton gets the job done and in comfort with good mpg. Electric would be a complete Pain in the ass though.

ginger19d

If I won a tesla truck, I'd sell it for a 3.6 gladiator, with the left over I'd have a super charged beast of a build.

Top Bottom