The End of an Era

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m excited to see and hear what exactly you mean by this.

LOL!! Let's just say, the JL already comes with 33's, has much wider and higher fenders on the Rubicon and is already designed to run 35's using Mopar parts. In other words, going to 37's or bigger will be that much easier to do and I would assume with less effort :yup:

I love it, going to need to make an addition to that garage soon!

:cheesy: We still have a bit of room in there. Also, the smaller Jeeps we have can be double stacked :D

Great recap, appreciate you guys sharing the adventure with us. Almost brought a tear to my eye. 😢

I look forward to your impressions of the JL and following along with the build!

Thanks!

LOL!! The good news is that this wasn't really an end but rather, it's just the beginning. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a bit emotional reading this. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that Moby represents so much more than a jeep to everyone here on the forum, and to an extent Rubicat as well. Moby IS wayalife and everything that moniker and title stands for. Thank you both for taking us along for all of the adventures this past decade. Looking forward to the next 10 years with Moby Rubicat and the new JL you guys are building.
Inspiration at its best.

Well, Moby isn't gonna go anywhere and I will have to say that unlike the other Jeeps we've owned in the past, Moby was the Jeep that helped us to make WAYALIFE what it is today. We're so glad to have you along for the ride :thumb:

Are you saying that the Guys at Jeep... used the Sub-Molecular DNA Geometry & Metaphysical Chromosomal Structural Compounds found in Moby... to Make the JL ? :thumb:

:cheesy: Now that's funny :D

Very cool story and thanks for the JL coverage. Funny thing, about a year ago or so, any factory bolt I had removed for whatever reason or exchanged for aftermarket parts, instead of keeping it at home, I kept it in the jeep with my tools. Haven't had to use any large ones yet, but you never know. I have a small collection now....

Oh yeah, I keep every one of them. Of course, the bolt and spacer I lost wasn't factory but rather, was part of the kit needed to mount up our 6L80.

Thank you for all the great coverage of the JL. Sorry Moby had a hard time, but maybe it wasn’t the JL he was upset with, maybe he knew what the LA traffic was going to be like. I’d thrown a tantrum too! Lol

Man, I think you're onto something. Driving into LA, I told myself to take deep breaths and just go with the flow. That maybe worked for about 20 minutes and then all I could do is fight my way through the mess just like everyone else. :icon_crazy:

I hope that we'll still see plenty of new JK stuff on here. I just bought my JK 2 months ago so i'm late to the party. I have learned quite a bit here and want to keep learning about my JK! I also hope the the JL lives up to the expectations. Its always tough to update something while retaining what everyone liked about the old one. I cant wait to see what you do with yours.

Thanks for the story. I don't know what it is about how you and Cindy tell stories but it gives me a strange sense that I was sort of there with you. Please keep crankin' out videos with your JK's too! :thumb:

Oh, you have to know that we'll still be doing plenty with our JK's. Our new JL will just be like any of our other Jeeps - just another member of the family :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
End of an era? That sounds depressing.
Regardless I still like what I have. It would be nice to have new, I don’t want to start over, too much $.

LOL!! There's nothing depressing about it. Most people don't have what you have and may never :yup:

Thanks for sharing your adventure and JL coverage. Yall take some amazing pictures and loved seeing Moby in his favorite environment. Gives me inspiration of where I'd like to be one day but until then we will live vicariously through you! Looking forward to watching that little JL grow.

We're glad you enjoyed it :cool:

Sad to hear the end of an era statement. The good news is it will make for excellent reading during the new adventure. Maybe when you decide to retire Moby from main rig duties you can sell stud services instead. I've got a female jk I'd love to get well bred Jeep from lol

:cheesy: That is just too funny!! :clap2:

Awesome trip! I love that you decided to take old Moby, he deserved it.

Yeah, it wouldn't have been right if we didn't and honestly, we had a lot more fun taking him :yup:

The road less traveled. :beer:

For us, always and whenever we can :yup:

Great photos.

One question on the JL, what’s with the hole in the door?

I think someone already posted up a pic but it's a porthole just like what you might have seen on old school CJ soft doors. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fancy trail doors so you can get a better view for tire placement. Same reason as EVO half doors. I'd hope they'll sell some fill panels for when you don't want the hole there.

The doors come with plugs that fill the hole when you want to close up.

Awesome adventure!!! Can't wait till we get to that point in our lives to be able to do this! Thank you for sharing and looking forward to the JL build 👍

Thanks, we're so glad you enjoyed it :cool:

They kind of remind me of old CJ5 doors
View attachment 284956

Yup, just like this. This is where the inspiration came from :yup:

jesse3638

Hooked
Long story short - we lost a transmission mount bolt. This caused our transfer case to droop and that lead to drive line vibrations. Had to drive on it for a while and that caused the output shaft nut to come loose. Got everything fixed but the center ball on the double cardan started to squeak like a banshee due to running funny for so long and creating a dry spot. Took a bit but eventually found a grease gun and needle fitting to address that. 3 parking lots later, 3 times of taking things apart and reassembling things while working on stupid hot parts - all was good again :crazyeyes:

You should have called me I'm only 20-30 mins away from all 3 of those locations and just purchased a nice new needle fitting...;)

Those places look familiar...haha. Thanks for the coverage of the new JL and the trip report. Too bad we couldn't make it. I would have loved to see it in person.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You should have called me I'm only 20-30 mins away from all 3 of those locations and just purchased a nice new needle fitting...;)

Those places look familiar...haha. Thanks for the coverage of the new JL and the trip report. Too bad we couldn't make it. I would have loved to see it in person.

LOL!! I really would have hated to bother you but I won't lie, there were a couple of times when I almost picked up my phone and dialed your number :crazyeyes:

jesse3638

Hooked
LOL!! I really would have hated to bother you but I won't lie, there were a couple of times when I almost picked up my phone and dialed your number :crazyeyes:

Would have been no trouble. I work right by where I live and can leave pretty easily this time of year. Don't hesitate next time.

kpig

With Moby as a big brother, the new JL (named?????) will have some big shoes to fill (literally). As always, thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Last edited:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Hey Eddie just out of curiosity I was looking at this pic and saw that Mobys sway bar link look alittle bent but could be the pic just wanted to throw that out there

IMG_5042.JPG

Great pics by the way definitely looks like a good adventure

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With Moby as a big brother, the new JL (named?????) will have some big shoes to fill (literally). As always, thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

LOL!! No name for the JL as of yet. Gonna wait till we get it to decide but everyone here has giving us a lot to choose from :yup:

Thanks for the coverage and man that 2 door does look great

You bet and yes, I absolutely LOVE the 2-door just as is! :thumb:

Here's to hoping a Rubicat doesn't feel let out. A big brother and a new sibling...man she's gonna be pissed.

She might a bit being the middle Jeep but she tries even harder to show us she's still got the stuff :cool:

Hey Eddie just out of curiosity I was looking at this pic and saw that Mobys sway bar link look alittle bent but could be the pic just wanted to throw that out there

View attachment 285059

Great pics by the way definitely looks like a good adventure

LOL!! It's how they come and they're bent on purpose so that they clear the coil overs :yup:

Amrth

:eek: Those flex shots .. Man I love those.. The Green JL with all the aftermarket parts and the Flex of moby over the dry falls is the best of the lot.. Good narration Eddie, you should start a magazine publication.. :beer:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
:eek: Those flex shots .. Man I love those.. The Green JL with all the aftermarket parts and the Flex of moby over the dry falls is the best of the lot.. Good narration Eddie, you should start a magazine publication.. :beer:

Who needs a magazine when you have a forum and YouTube? ;)

Thunder

Love that you guys venture off the beaten path so much. Looks like so much fun. Wish I could do it more and get to know those routes better. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!!!

Top Bottom