"The General" Build Thread

FLKEYSJK

I'm a fan of the bare rings, but body colored would look awesome too!

I really like the bare rings as well but I don't really have any chrome on the jeep, that's why I was thinking about body color, I'm taking it to the body shop to get the small dent fixed on the corner of the hood on Sunday and he said he'd paint all the rings for $200 🤔🤔🤔 decisions decisions.

Napalm

I really like the bare rings as well but I don't really have any chrome on the jeep, that's why I was thinking about body color, I'm taking it to the body shop to get the small dent fixed on the corner of the hood on Sunday and he said he'd paint all the rings for $200 🤔🤔🤔 decisions decisions.

That's not bad.. Have you considered black as well? I have always favored the solid black slabs [emoji7]
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473475139.627216.jpg

I personally think having the red rings would make for a lot of red. I like them on the anvil or black Jeeps, but I'd be apprehensive to do red on red. But, if you think it's something you'd like, then go for it! I'm sure it would look great :)

FLKEYSJK

That's not bad.. Have you considered black as well? I have always favored the solid black slabs [emoji7]
View attachment 221935

I personally think having the orange rings would make for a lot of orange. I like them on the anvil or black Jeeps, but I'd be apprehensive to do orange on orange. But, if you think it's something you'd like, then go for it! I'm sure it would look great :)

Yeah the black looks great too, if I'm going to go with black I can just paint them as I have the matching wheel paint at my house. Thanks for the input, now I just need to pick one[emoji23].

Napalm

Yeah the black looks great too, if I'm going to go with black I can just paint them as I have the matching wheel paint at my house. Thanks for the input, now I just need to pick one[emoji23].

Black might also make for easy touch ups if and when you scratch them :)

FLKEYSJK

Black might also make for easy touch ups if and when you scratch them :)

Looks like I'm going to be painting them black, and saving $300 in the process. Thanks Napalm for the suggestion! I'll be working on the rings throughout the week while my jeep is getting the dent in the hood fixed. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473633584.339759.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Looks like I'm going to be painting them black, and saving $300 in the process. Thanks Napalm for the suggestion! I'll be working on the rings throughout the week while my jeep is getting the dent in the hood fixed. View attachment 222317

great progress on the rig! i think painting the rings black will be great. its what i ended up doing and will be easy to fix after getting rock rash on the trails! here are mine.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466569998.308831.jpg

FLKEYSJK

More progress on the dent repair, wish I could have my jeep back[emoji30] ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474078398.112865.jpg

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Thanks man! How did you get the Bolts Black? I just figured that if I painted them then they'd just get scratched up when I installed them.

sorry i didn't see this reply.

i poked holes in a cardboard box and stuck the bolts in them and just rattle caned them the same color as the rings. this way no paint got on the threads and i was able to paint a bunch of them at 1 time. hope that makes sense, i donit have any pictures of when i did this part.

FLKEYSJK

sorry i didn't see this reply.

i poked holes in a cardboard box and stuck the bolts in them and just rattle caned them the same color as the rings. this way no paint got on the threads and i was able to paint a bunch of them at 1 time. hope that makes sense, i donit have any pictures of when i did this part.

Yeah it makes sense, thanks!

FLKEYSJK

So I finished everything up a little while ago, here's a picture. Thanks again Napalm I'm really glad I went with black! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474496536.347928.jpg

Top Bottom