The Honey Bear Build

Rharvey160

Thanks.

I am in the same boat. I have big plans, but can't do it myself. We are in Houston, but I do have property in DFW, so we go there all the time.

Curious: did you know about screaming lizard? Why didn't you go with them?

I've heard of them just don't have enough confidence in any of the D/FW shops. I've had work done by several different ones with less than stellar results. The last one didn't install my RCV axles until after I went to pick the Jeep up and noticed they weren't installed. I had to wait a couple of hours for them to do that. Then after I got it home I discovered that the front locker was no longer working. They broke some little part when they installed the gears. Back to Dallas to get that fixed. In their defense they eventually got it all right.

I was going to Colorado anyway so thought I'd give these guys a try. I've heard good things about them and they do a lot of EVO installs.

Rharvey160

Going Backwards

2011 Wheels.JPG

I sold the tires and wheels off my Jeep and we swaped the 2011 tires and wheels off the Jeep that got my stuff. The tires are pretty well worn out with 45K miles on them. I hope I can make it until I get the new ones.

A side effect I wasn't thinking about, the 2011 TPS units doesn't like to talk to the 2014 and the 2014 TPS units don't talk to a 2011. No biggie for me as I plan to turn the whole mess off once I get the new tires next week.

Rharvey160

Kick ass jeep. Makes me miss Colorado bad!

I really look forward to our yearly Colorado trip. This year I spent a month there. Two weeks in June and two weeks in September. If we didn't have so much family in Texas I would like to retire there. (Except for maybe in the winter).

JKsix

I really look forward to our yearly Colorado trip. This year I spent a month there. Two weeks in June and two weeks in September. If we didn't have so much family in Texas I would like to retire there. (Except for maybe in the winter).

I didn't mind the winters that much when I lived there. I'd still he there if there was a job for me there. I've never been to Texas but I've been told there isn't much in the way of snow down there lol

Jackal01

Black Bear and Imogene were both closed in June when I was there! Rats! Looks like a good time.:yup:

I've never been to Texas but I've been told there isn't much in the way of snow down there lol

Hell, this winter in Houston the city was shut down (literally) for an entire day because the roads iced. They activated OEM, the whole shebang. It was unbelievable.

This is a perfect representation of the majority of Houstonians:

JKsix

Black Bear and Imogene were both closed in June when I was there! Rats! Looks like a good time.:yup:

Hell, this winter in Houston the city was shut down (literally) for an entire day because the roads iced. They activated OEM, the whole shebang. It was unbelievable.

I believe it. When was in the army I had buddies from Texas that had never seen snow in person before.

Rharvey160

That was pretty funny. I really hate driving in Houston. The last time I was there it was raining cats and dogs. You couldn't see 20 foot in front of you but that didn't slow anyone down one little bit. I'd rather drive in New York City.

Rharvey160

I didn't mind the winters that much when I lived there. I'd still he there if there was a job for me there. I've never been to Texas but I've been told there isn't much in the way of snow down there lol

We mostly get ice instead of snow. Up in the Panhandle it snows a good bit. That is about an 8 hour drive from where I live. We get the ice which weighs down the pine trees which then collapse under the weight and then take out the power lines. This past winter Dallas got a few good storms. Still mostly ice I believe.

Top Bottom