The Honey Bear Build

Rharvey160

Today I hooked up a KC Highlites Cyclone LED. It puts out quite a bit of light. Plenty enough for checking fluid levels.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413075093.703757.jpg

hbkid22

Nice rig. This is what I will ultimately shoot for. How much lift did you get when you adjusted the coils to the lowest setting?

Rharvey160

I just saw this light online today and was pondering getting one. Loved the pics on you in CO. We go almost every summer so maybe we'll catch each other on the trials or at Trail Jeeps!

The Cyclone is a well made little light. I've been thinking about trying to figure out a way to mount them to use as rock lights.

We've been going to Colorado the past three years, usually towards the middle to the end of September so we can see the start of the fall colors and go on over to the Moab area. By then it has cooled off in Utah. We get plenty of heat here in Texas.

Rharvey160

Nice rig. This is what I will ultimately shoot for. How much lift did you get when you adjusted the coils to the lowest setting?

Thanks. I really don't know how much lift I got. I'm sure it is upwards of 3.5 to 4 inches. It's almost an effort to crawl up inside. There is about a half inch of threads left on the coilovers where it could come down a little more.

Redrubi1

The Cyclone is a well made little light. I've been thinking about trying to figure out a way to mount them to use as rock lights.

We've been going to Colorado the past three years, usually towards the middle to the end of September so we can see the start of the fall colors and go on over to the Moab area. By then it has cooled off in Utah. We get plenty of heat here in Texas.

I've not been to CO in September for fall colors. That's pretty smart. This summer our CO group is going to CA to do the Rubicon Trail and Johnson Valley. If you're up for it you are welcome to come along (July time frame). We've got a couple of Wayalifers who live in the area going as guides. As to the lights I was thinking the same thing. They would make great rock lights.

Rharvey160

I've not been to CO in September for fall colors. That's pretty smart. This summer our CO group is going to CA to do the Rubicon Trail and Johnson Valley. If you're up for it you are welcome to come along (July time frame). We've got a couple of Wayalifers who live in the area going as guides. As to the lights I was thinking the same thing. They would make great rock lights.

So long as work doesn't get in the way I'd love to tag along with your group in July. Having some local Wayalifers as guides would be great.

hbkid22

Thanks. I really don't know how much lift I got. I'm sure it is upwards of 3.5 to 4 inches. It's almost an effort to crawl up inside. There is about a half inch of threads left on the coilovers where it could come down a little more.

Do you like how they ride? And you are running 37s correct?

Rharvey160

Do you like how they ride? And you are running 37s correct?

They have a pretty smooth ride. They were fairly noisy with the springs slapping the shocks until I had some AGM sliders put on. The AGM's were worth the money to me.

I have 37" trail grapplers.

hbkid22

They have a pretty smooth ride. They were fairly noisy with the springs slapping the shocks until I had some AGM sliders put on. The AGM's were worth the money to me.

I have 37" trail grapplers.

That is good to know. Thanks for the info.

Rharvey160

It's been awhile since I updated this thread so here is what I did today. Installed a TeraFlex trail table. It is definately not the heaviest duty table I've seen but will support 65 pounds which is plenty for what I intend to use it for. It is made out of aluminum so it is light. Has latches that hold the table against the rubber bumpers so it is not going to rattle.
image.jpg

I also installed the EVO Evap skid. It is definately heavy duty. Made out of 3/16 plate it isn't going anywhere. If you knock this thing off that isn't going to be the only problem you have. No picture of it.

Rharvey160

A few weeks ago I had to get the front windshield replaced. On the way to work I heard that noise when a rock hits your windshield. It was very faint so I didnt pay that much attention to it. Upon arriving at work I noticed a nice 3 to 4 inch crack. By quitting time it had grown in length and made a left hand turn of another couple of inches.

I had safety lite install a new factory style windshield. Unfortunately I don't have glass coverage so had to pay my deductible. Looks like brand new now.

Rharvey160

Took advantage of the nice weather we are having in Texas and installed a Vector Exo Rack and four 2 gallon Rotopax gas cans.

View from the back.
image.jpg

Side view.
image.jpg

Dune Crawler

How do you lower the coil? Just tighten/loosen the length on the thread to set ride height?

Last edited:
Top Bottom