The "I don't really have a good name and probably never will" build.

Tigrcky

Thanks! Love the Gunnison area. Plan on heading over again first thing in the spring and hitting a bunch of the trails there that I haven't checked off my list yet.

Just stayed at The Inn at Tomichi Village a couple weekends ago before doing the Alpine Loop. Highly recommend the duck fat fries at the grill there!:thumb:
View attachment 99341

maybe ill be around and we can meet up, i hope to have my new jkur by then, but do you know italian divide? its a pretty nice run that your jeep is more then able to do, but its got a wicked shelf road, did quite a bit many recoveries over there when i was working for a local towing company.

Jaydoc1

maybe ill be around and we can meet up, i hope to have my new jkur by then, but do you know italian divide? its a pretty nice run that your jeep is more then able to do, but its got a wicked shelf road, did quite a bit many recoveries over there when i was working for a local towing company.

Not familiar with Italian Divide. My wife and girls aren't that keen on shelf roads but are getting better. I have a buddy that goes over every year for a week when Williams Pass is open (in fact he was the last Jeep across this year as they were locking the gates last weekend). He may have done Italian Divide before. I'll have to check with him this week.

ETA: Is that Italian Creek and Reno Divide?

Tigrcky

Not familiar with Italian Divide. My wife and girls aren't that keen on shelf roads but are getting better. I have a buddy that goes over every year for a week when Williams Pass is open (in fact he was the last Jeep across this year as they were locking the gates last weekend). He may have done Italian Divide before. I'll have to check with him this week.

ETA: Is that Italian Creek and Reno Divide?

Starts on cement creek rd in cested butte south and ends up at Taylor reservoir, great camping spots there too

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Jaydoc1

Just looked it up on Traildamage. Now THAT'S a rocky tippy shelf road! Will have to check that out for sure!

Tigrcky

Just looked it up on Traildamage. Now THAT'S a rocky tippy shelf road! Will have to check that out for sure!

Llike I said it's a narly section but it's the worst part, I did it in a stock xj it was rough but the view alone is worth it, pearl pass is a worthy spot as well

Sent from my whatchamacallit

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Gusset look great. Love the rims. Did you sell your drive shaft? First post or so you said you installed a 1350 front shaft.

Jaydoc1

Okay, I finally get to add to my build thread and it is some cool stuff this time around!

Dropped my JK off at Trail Jeeps on Valentine's Day and picked it up yesterday. The cleanliness of their shop and the customer service they have there always impresses me. It's worth a long drive to get your rig there to have your work done because it is just first rate. Wes and his crew run a tight ship.

Okay, on to the mods.

First off, I had really just planned on having them install some EVO Rock Skins that I got for Christmas. I sort of went well beyond that.

To start, I had them add EVO Rock Sliders.

IMG_5102.jpg

These are really going to come in handy when I accidentally drive over a curb at the grocery store. I do this all the time.

Next, since I've been running the stock tire carrier since upgrading my wheels and tires, I had them go ahead and put on some rear EVO corner armor and EVO tire carrier.

IMG_5100.jpg

It's obviously overkill to use this carrier for a 35" spare but I won't always have 35s. Figured I'd go ahead and get it now since I'd ultimately end up getting it anyway. I also have the EVO HiLift jack carrier on there too. You just can't see it.

They added an Old Man Emu steering stabilizer for me, as well.

IMG_5105.jpg

You might be able to see an EVO draglink flip kit behind the stabilizer. That's because I had them go ahead and put an EVO 3" Enforcer kit on there for 35s.

And to go along with it? Buy once, cry once. I had them put on some EVO spec 2.5" King remote reservoir shocks with adjusters. The EVO shock relocation brackets are on there as well to prevent damage to the shocks.

IMG_5108.jpg
IMG_5107.jpg

So all I can say about the on-road manners of the Enforcer with the plush ride coils is, "Wow"! The ride is so much better than I had with the budget boost (obviously). But I also think that it's better than stock was, as well. The ride is firmer, but not harsh. It's just less "wallowy" than it was before. The steering also seems to be much tighter than it was. And it truly is a two fingers on the steering wheel at highway speeds driver now.

I haven't installed it yet but my Cobra WX 75 and Cooltech installation kit came in the mail this week too.

IMG_5101.jpg IMG_5098.jpg

Can't wait to get to Moab next month to try it all out. I haven't been back since putting the boost and 35s on but have enjoyed the JK so much with them here in Colorado that I can't imagine how much fun it's going to be in Moab with an actual, excellent lift like the Enforcer on there!

Last edited:

K.D.C.H

What was the total cost at trail jeeps if you don't mind me asking for all parts and labor.

:doh: Why not just contact Trail Jeeps yourself, tell them what you have, what you want and how much it will be. I don't know about everyone else on here but I'm not usually one to post up how much I've spent on parts and labor for my Jeep

Jaydoc1

:doh: Why not just contact Trail Jeeps yourself, tell them what you have, what you want and how much it will be. I don't know about everyone else on here but I'm not usually one to post up how much I've spent on parts and labor for my Jeep

I agree. I do understand being curious about what something like this costs but it really isn't fair to the vendor either. I can tell you that you won't get a better deal on this kind of work anywhere in Colorado. Give Wes a call or go to their website and fill out an estimate form if you'd prefer not to talk with anyone yet. You'll have an exact price within a day (or two if it's the weekend).

Top Bottom