The Kraken thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically a hunk of steel. I would hope it could handle more than the shipping can do to it. Lord knows its in for a rough life. :)

But yea that's how it was shipped.

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

That's how it was delivered to your house...? Not a fan of that! My LoD sliders were secured to a custom wooden frame and then placed inside a cardboard box. I'd be pissed, based on the condition that boxes arrive at my house, if I paid that much for a carrier and they didn't even wrap it... Hope your delivery was gentler than mine!

It is raw and not powder coated yet, so there would be no damage to the finish. And its a serious hunk of steel so doubt theyll be able to do any actual damage to it. Enjoy the tire carrier, cant wait to get mine!

Prime8

Yeah, but its long and heavy (that's what she said) so if they start tossing it around, it could easily deform under its own weight, even if only slightly. Which would make fitment that much harder. Once its bolted in place it tough as nails, but when its not anchored, it CAN deform. Glad it didn't though.

Prime8

StrizzyChris said:
It is raw and not powder coated yet, so there would be no damage to the finish. And its a serious hunk of steel so doubt theyll be able to do any actual damage to it. Enjoy the tire carrier, cant wait to get mine!

And as a side note... The half assed paint job with rusty welds on the NEW LoD sliders I got could hardly be even called a powder "coating". Maybe more of a dusting. When I called them about it, they said the welds are hard to coat and they touch them up with a spray can before they ship. He said mine must have missed that step and told me to touch it up myself... Not the greatest customer service, but aside from the slight surface rust, they are beefy as hell!

Prime8 said:
And as a side note... The half assed paint job with rusty welds on the NEW LoD sliders I got could hardly be even called a powder "coating". Maybe more of a dusting. When I called them about it, they said the welds are hard to coat and they touch them up with a spray can before they ship. He said mine must have missed that step and told me to touch it up myself... Not the greatest customer service, but aside from the slight surface rust, they are beefy as hell!

That would piss me off more.

Prime8

Notajerryskid said:
Thanks. I'm a heavy reserch kind of person. I only like to buy once. :brows: Helps keep the wife off my back.

Haha, I second that! I research things heavily too. I'd rather learn from someone else's mistakes, especially when this much money and time is involved!

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
Notajerryskid said:
Thanks. I'm a heavy reserch kind of person. I only like to buy once. :brows: Helps keep the wife off my back.

Same here. After much research all signs point to EVO!

The Kraken getting caged up tonight.

Attachments

• image-4164568180.jpg
    image-4164568180.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 1,103
  • image-3017668812.jpg
    image-3017668812.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,083
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom