The Kraken thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get the c pillars. Due to buying the EVO rear tire carrier, and it having the tall top loop. I have seen them in person though. I really believe that they are not needed. It's a short cage on the back, if you run this after market tire carrier, I don't see the back crushing down. Maybe if you still have your spare on the body, but still the center section is very strong on the jk.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Notajerryskid said:
I didn't get the c pillars. Due to buying the EVO rear tire carrier, and it having the tall top loop. I have seen them in person though. I really believe that they are not needed. It's a short cage on the back, if you run a after market tire carrier, I don't see the back crushing down. Maybe if you still have your spare on the body, but still the center section is very strong on the jk.

Interesting about the rear tire carrier. I hadn't though my about that. I think the Cs are appealing simply because it would be relatively cheap insurance for the precious cargo we all run in the back seat. :)

StrizzyChris

Interesting about the rear tire carrier. I hadn't though my about that. I think the Cs are appealing simply because it would be relatively cheap insurance for the precious cargo we all run in the back seat. :)

BEER?:thinking: Thats what I keep back there!

MTG

Caught the Bug
StrizzyChris said:
BEER?:thinking: Thats what I keep back there!

Easy Tipsy. While natural ice might be appropriate for some occasions :thinking: it's not exactly precious. :cheesy:

GCM 2

I am really digging your build! Kind of similar to my rig :thumb: You definitely have a great selection of aftermarket parts, the JK is going to be seriously ready for hardcore terrain :rock:

GCM 2 said:
I am really digging your build! Kind of similar to my rig :thumb: You definitely have a great selection of aftermarket parts, the JK is going to be seriously ready for hardcore terrain :rock:

Thanks. Hoping to tackle anything I throw at it. :D

Digging your jeep and the selections you've made, hoping mine looks similar soon! I agree with the posts above, EVO is the way to go! :thumb:

Started installing the cage. Got the front part done. Just need to trim some plastics and put on the rear bar.

All I'm going to say is this cage is not for the unskilled. I've installed several cages and this was the hardest. Some of the instructions were left out or vague. There is a butt load of work to do it right. Also. The cutting and wielding is not mirrored on both sides. I understand that there are lots of welds and connections and it's hard to make it perfect with out building it for the specific jk.

On a positive note I am 100% certain that this cage will take a multi roll over and still hold up.

Overall I'm very happy with the strength of the cage, and the look. They did a good job of bringing everything together. I would suggest this cage to someone looking for more than a standard bolt in and less than a full welded cage.

Last edited:
A few photos of the install

Attachments

• image-2593748383.jpg
    image-2593748383.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 933
  • image-1307667477.jpg
    image-1307667477.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 931
  • image-3623848729.jpg
    image-3623848729.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 931
  • image-3114263531.jpg
    image-3114263531.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 932

Hightower

Your build is looking great. I really like all the pictures including the one with your family in them that’s what it’s all about friends and family. Good luck with the build and please keep us update on your progression.:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
clarsen said:
Your build is looking great. I really like all the pictures including the one with your family in them that’s what it’s all about friends and family. Good luck with the build and please keep us update on your progression.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks. It's what we do as a family. Was planning on having him built this year in order to apply for the jk experience. But he will be ready next year. :D

StrizzyChris said:
I'm from the midwest...we roll with Busch Light!
I'm from Texas and Oklahoma. We have lone star beer.
Are you installing this raw? What color are you thinking about painting it?
Have to install raw at first. In case you have to shave some parts of it. Taking the side and rear rock skins with the cage to get gloss blk to match the jeep. The stinger, front bumper, and sliders are getting rattle canned due to the continuous bashing they will receive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom