The Metamorphosis of MumboJumbo

Panda

Whoa! Really?
You KNOW Tammy deserves that!
All those long miles, all those late nights and early mornings!

Make it a 5/25 gift on May 25 (get it?) - ask me later what that is. (Hint: Eph. 5:25)

You got me to go read my bible ;) that was cool how you did that :thumb:

Whoa! Really?
You KNOW Tammy deserves that!
All those long miles, all those late nights and early mornings!

Make it a 5/25 gift on May 25 (get it?) - ask me later what that is. (Hint: Eph. 5:25)

Late nights and early mornings?? ROFLMAO!! She's a Solar Powered Driver, I'm the one that runs the night shift.

Nice build

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

We'll thank you, been a chore for sure. Much trial and even more error, lol. Still trying to get the Hydro-Assist dialed in, dealing with aftermarket parts that don't work and play well together is always a pain.

Last edited:

JK's JK

Banned
Another Jeep Lee.......Your a crazy guy.

So you went with a Rubi case. Let me know when you need help on that. :thumb:

So It's nearly 100 degrees outside and I'm building Mumbo's new fascia/bumper in the heat and no shade. Stupid? Yes but I had hoped to have most of it finished by noon. Looks like it will be a 2 day job with the first day doing the fab work and welding and the second doing a little grinding/rounding of the edges and finally painting it. I'll post up the pics a little later today providing there's no heat stroke, lol. The quality is far from EVO but since my welding is getting only slightly better, it doesn't look like a shittybuilt either.

The Mrs has put her foot down. Puking from the heat means it's time to call it a day. So what welding didn't get done today can be done tomorrow afternoon or Monday. Here's a couple pics of the progress:
The welds on the outside are just fill welds, they'll get rounded off with a grinder. Still have to fab up the end caps and weld them on. Planning to use the original holes for mounting on the frame as well as the four for my receiver hitch. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400360567.859067.jpg Still have some reinforcing to do on the inside as I will be mounting D-Rings to the bumper. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400360705.847648.jpg Looks like there is still plenty of clearance for the tire. I plan to add a narrow upright piece along the back edge of the top similar to the backsplash on a counter top just to hide the hideous body mounts I had to use. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400360914.088529.jpg .

13gecko

The Mrs has put her foot down. Puking from the heat means it's time to call it a day. So what welding didn't get done today can be done tomorrow afternoon or Monday. Here's a couple pics of the progress:
The welds on the outside are just fill welds, they'll get rounded off with a grinder. Still have to fab up the end caps and weld them on. Planning to use the original holes for mounting on the frame as well as the four for my receiver hitch. View attachment 83470 Still have some reinforcing to do on the inside as I will be mounting D-Rings to the bumper. View attachment 83471 Looks like there is still plenty of clearance for the tire. I plan to add a narrow upright piece along the back edge of the top similar to the backsplash on a counter top just to hide the hideous body mounts I had to use. View attachment 83474 .

Looks great!!! You rig is a monster!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looking good Lee! Don't kill yourself in that heat my friend :thumb:

I think the heat is the least of my problems today. Heard a strange squealing noise this afternoon when I started Mumbo up. He's gonna need a throwout bearing in the very near future by the sounds of it.

Panda

I think the heat is the least of my problems today. Heard a strange squealing noise this afternoon when I started Mumbo up. He's gonna need a throwout bearing in the very near future by the sounds of it.

Ouch... well I'm far away but if you need a flat driveway to pull the trans I'd be glad to help

Top Bottom