The Metamorphosis of MumboJumbo

Ok. Now, I know the throwout bearing is starting to make a bit of noise which obviously means it's time for a new one, but what gets me is that once Mumbo warms up the noise goes away. I know for sure it's a throwout bearing because it starts making noise as soon as I put the slightest pressure on the clutch pedal. But after it warms up, nothing.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Ok. Now, I know the throwout bearing is starting to make a bit of noise which obviously means it's time for a new one, but what gets me is that once Mumbo warms up the noise goes away. I know for sure it's a throwout bearing because it starts making noise as soon as I put the slightest pressure on the clutch pedal. But after it warms up, nothing.

I had that same issue on my 2007 JK 6-speed. That was a sign it was going out but I sold it before having to deal with replacing it.

Agreed, mind as well slap on a new clutch while you've got the trans dropped too :yup:

Actually, we're trying to figure out the logistics of all that right now. I have a long arm kit that needs to be welded on, coilover install and transfer case swap that in reality could be done at the same time.

Another long day in the sun but the bumper is about as finished as it's going to get for now. May look a bit shoddy but it's functional, and it's pretty solid. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400538012.347654.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400538036.137173.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400538065.064768.jpg

Almost forgot.. Frank, "Built, Not Bought" 👍

David1tontj

Nope, it was Chang from Shittybuilt, lmao. He flew from China just to do the welding, lmao

Lol. It's about time you built something on your build!

Haha. Jk

Did that built not bought thread really get to you?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Lol. It's about time you built something on your build!

Haha. Jk

Did that built not bought thread really get to you?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Naw, just had to give Strizzy a hard time is all. Sooner or later him and I will meet and have a laugh over it for sure.
But seriously, there really is a certain amount of pride to be gained from building something yourself- even if it's just a bumper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom