The New Bronco: Better than the Original?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I will say that Landrover really screwed up with the relaunch of the defender series. This Bronco is what they should have done. I agree with Eddie, the two door really does have great lines.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

12-mile

Looks like you have a couple choices of transmission,
7-speed manual or 10-speed auto. Depending on options.
And some models offer 35” tire.
I look forward to seeing these on the road. The Ford website shows that you can put your name in and reserve one now. I think they will sell like hotcakes

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
2011 JK
2015 Grand Cherokee ecodiesel

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I will say that Landrover really screwed up with the relaunch of the defender series. This Bronco is what they should have done. I agree with Eddie, the two door really does have great lines.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Indeed. The four door bronco is what I pictured a current day Defender 110 to look like.

Exodus 4x4

You may be right... But I think it's gonna happen. Especially in the JT.

I want to believe it is, but I can’t help but think their timing stinks. Gives me the impression they’re just insecure and waving their hands in the air so we won’t forget who they are during all this Bronco hype. If in a few months we are still getting credible news about actual development then I may be swayed to believe it is happening.

Fords site is down, by the way. Overwhelmed with pre-orders no doubt.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I really like the 2 door, Also don't mind the 4 door. I like their additional rear passenger panels in the 4 door model. I hope Jeep will take a look at that too.

The IFS will definitely make it have better road manners than the solid front we have, but as mentioned the CV axles are definitely a concern exp when throwing those 35s on as the option and with the crawl ratio and gears.

I think Ford will sell a lot of these to the daily's who never really wheel them hard. Did you guys see that they keep the mirrors on the body instead of the doors? Not sure how I feel about that. I know that it helps with the on road door less drives, but up here in Maine i never really have been hassled with no door mirrors. I know I'm probably one of the lucky ones.

JAGS

Hooked
Hard to compare to a Jeep. The lifestyle folks I don’t think are the same consumer. That said, I like the way they look. Cool retro vibe with some functionality thrown in.

Exodus 4x4

Jeeps aren’t for everyone. I talk a fair amount of people OUT of getting one. But, there is nothing I’d rather drive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I absolutely love my JT and it’s only going to get better. I don’t even miss having a full size truck. I think the Bronco is going to be awesome in its own way, not better and not worse. I’m excited.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I really want a two door Bronco Big Bend or Black Diamond edition with the 2.7 EcoBoost and 10 speed auto. Would a fun DD and light trail rig.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom