The New Bronco: Better than the Original?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I really want a two door Bronco Big Bend or Black Diamond edition with the 2.7 EcoBoost and 10 speed auto. Would a fun DD and light trail rig.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I’m with you on a DD/fire road rig. Since I’m likely
in the market for a new DD🤔

Rst8rox

Just watched the video. I have to say I’m honestly not a fan. I don’t like the look at all. It almost looks like a 1st grade rendition of a jeep. And the “most open air cabin” is right outta jeeps playbook. Idk just saying I’m not a fan and it does nothing to salute its older counterparts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Just watched the video. I have to say I’m honestly not a fan. I don’t like the look at all. It almost looks like a 1st grade rendition of a jeep. And the “most open air cabin” is right outta jeeps playbook. Idk just saying I’m not a fan and it does nothing to salute its older counterparts.

I couldn't disagree more. I think it looks fantastic. It pays homage to the originals. I love it.

One of the best things about this is Ford is letting people option the offroad stuff on base models. FCA can't be happy about that. This is the competition Jeep needs.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I wouldn’t buy one, but I like both the 2 and 4 door models. The drive train is attractive. The EcoBoost engine has been pretty impressive in my limited experience. Feels way peppier than the Jeep engine.

JK_0311

I am far from a ford fan, but they did a really good job with this bronco (minus the bubbly headlights) and I think Jeep knew this prior to the release (hence the 392 teaser). Some of the little features on the bronco are already better than the wrangler - no B pillar hanging over your head, mirrors detached from the doors and factory 35 inch tire options. Jeep should take note.

There are Jeep lovers who will always go Jeep, but the majority of Jeep owners are probably swayable and just want a decent off-road capable vehicle - and I feel this bronco easily compares better than the wrangler out of the gate for those who don’t care to just drive a Jeep.

It will be interesting when they do an actual off-road test between the Jeep and Bronco.

Exodus 4x4

I am far from a ford fan, but they did a really good job with this bronco (minus the bubbly headlights) and I think Jeep knew this prior to the release (hence the 392 teaser). Some of the little features on the bronco are already better than the wrangler - no B pillar hanging over your head, mirrors detached from the doors and factory 35 inch tire options. Jeep should take note.

There are Jeep lovers who will always go Jeep, but the majority of Jeep owners are probably swayable and just want a decent off-road capable vehicle - and I feel this bronco easily compares better than the wrangler out of the gate for those who don’t care to just drive a Jeep.

It will be interesting when they do an actual off-road test between the Jeep and Bronco.

Considering how my feed is full of Jeep owners with screen shots of the orders, I’d say you’re right lol

Kuboske

My daughter has been texting me, telling me she wants one. Says she really likes the 2 door, but, probably would go with the 4 door because of future car seats.
That... is good news to me.

TheGrendel

there's a picture on another forum supposedly showing a door with a factory 2 inch lift on 37s at a photoshoot. it looks damned good.

JK_0311

Considering how my feed is full of Jeep owners with screen shots of the orders, I’d say you’re right lol

Jeep has been able to rely on nostalgia with off-road enthusiasts to get around some of their shortcomings, but the bronco has its own nostalgia as well and clearly Jeep knows it giving the recent pictures and hastily thrown together advertisement of a 392 wrangler.

J&k_Overland

You may be right... But I think it's gonna happen. Especially in the JT.

I see the JT getting V8 before the JL Dodge had the Dakota with the V8 back in the day so a midsized Truck V8 platform is nothing new. Seems like crash test and fuel economy are the biggest factor in the wrangler always being denied.

tchmotorsports

Caught the Bug
I like both the 2 and 4 door.Im not selling my Jeep to get one but maybe a few years from now i would consider.I love Jeeps,i have three, but i have talked some people out of buying one before.They are just not for everyone and this Bronco will be right up their alley.

Top Bottom