The official Wayalife Texas Hidden Falls run thread! October 14-16th!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Sounds like you need the rear corner skins. Go ahead and order them, I'll drill all the holes.
I would love the rear corners, but if i get them. That means i have to buy the tire carrier. If i buy the carrier, im going to have to buy 37s. If i buy 37s, im going to have to regear and buy coilovers. My wallets not ready for that hit yet lol
Mount it to the rear bump......errrrrr, nevermind :naw:
Make fun of the guy who lost his bumper why doncha :sly:
I'll lead experienced unless iRonin or Angry Aussie show up... in which case, I'll tail gun experienced

Nick, just tell me where to go :thumb:

Edit:
I've been wanting to run the full FM TRO (level 3-5) for a while now... maybe we can run the first half of the trail as a whole group, then break the groups apart when the beginners start sweating. the experienced group continue past the last bypass on FM TRO up to toyota (4) stay on toyota to the fence, then come down black cat/green mile (4) then depending on time, meet up with the beginers at the tower for a pic then head back to camp for lunch... then we can grab some of the shorter trails in the afternoon like no name, midnight run, wet n wild, bronco buster, etc?

Awesome that sounds like a great idea. I was gonna say we can do wet n wild as a pre run to get everyone a feel for how the other stuff is going to be. The only one i can remember at the top of my head that i want to try again is Carnage Canyon. I remember going bone stock with fellow wayalifers (thanos, JKAnimal and a lot more just cant remember everyone) and i had to take the bypass cause there was no way in hell i was gonna make it with them. Now that im on 35s we for sure have to give a try! I will look at my map right now and list the others i wanted to try and see if its not to impossible for us lol

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I would love the rear corners, but if i get them. That means i have to buy the tire carrier. If i buy the carrier, im going to have to buy 37s. If i buy 37s, im going to have to regear and buy coilovers. My wallets not ready for that hit yet lol

Make fun of the guy who lost his bumper why doncha :sly:

Awesome that sounds like a great idea. I was gonna say we can do wet n wild as a pre run to get everyone a feel for how the other stuff is going to be. The only one i can remember at the top of my head that i want to try again is Carnage Canyon. I remember going bone stock with fellow wayalifers (thanos, JKAnimal and a lot more just cant remember everyone) and i had to take the bypass cause there was no way in hell i was gonna make it with them. Now that im on 35s we for sure have to give a try! I will look at my map right now and list the others i wanted to try and see if its not to impossible for us lol

We could make that happen. Maybe after lunch we could head out of camp for midnight run (3), to snoopy falls (3-4) through baby back (4) up to Carnage Canyon (4) then take hog ally up to the park road, the park road north to no name (5) to the fence line, then back down wet n wild (4) and meet up again with the beginners at the falls??

Sounds like you need the rear corner skins. Go ahead and order them, I'll drill all the holes.

Our resident hole driller?? Lol

Last edited:

Stick

Put me down for the advanced group, maybe by then I'll have my regear down and a rear locker.

Jackal01

We could make that happen. Maybe after lunch we could head out of camp for midnight run (3), to snoopy falls (3-4) through baby back (4) up to Carnage Canyon (4) then take hog ally up to the park road, the park road north to no name (5) to the fence line, then back down wet n wild (4) and meet up again with the beginners at the falls??

Our resident hole driller?? Lol

I am down for a night run. I was left out of the last one at HF. :grayno:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Sounds awesome! Looking at the map, i remember doing all the lvl 1 and 2s. And most all the 3s as well. And some level 4s. Its the level 5s i always shied away from. But you're more than likely a better coordinator than i am lol. Your original plan to do fm tro is actually one i wanted to try as well! It starts all the way from the restrooms by camp area A. Looks like it would probably take 3 hours? Ive never tried or seen it but looks lengthy but fun as hell!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464916276.492960.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Sounds awesome! Looking at the map, i remember doing all the lvl 1 and 2s. And most all the 3s as well. And some level 4s. Its the level 5s i always shied away from. But you're more than likely a better coordinator than i am lol. Your original plan to do fm tro is actually one i wanted to try as well! It starts all the way from the restrooms by camp area A. Looks like it would probably take 3 hours? Ive never tried or seen it but looks lengthy but fun as hell!
View attachment 206341

Yeah, I hear 3-3.5 hrs... depending on how much cable we have to pull to get everyone though :crazy:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I hear 3-3.5 hrs... depending on how much cable we have to pull to get everyone though :crazy:

Hahaha sounds like an endurance run [emoji14].
But your original idea is actually spot on. But after lunch. Maybe we can see how loose rock is. That ones always looked a bit scary [emoji48]

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Im just throwing things out since im actually excited to try the harder stuff. So dont mind me if i start spouting off nothing but level 5s lol

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Im just throwing things out since im actually excited to try the harder stuff. So dont mind me if i start spouting off nothing but level 5s lol

We will see what the "experienced group" guys have. If everyone is running open diffs and 35s (no offense) it's fun to pull cable for a few jeeps, but if EVERYONE needs a tug up, it's going to take FOREVER! Maybe Granite_head can keep rig specs in the original post so it's easier?

So far it looks like everyone has lockers though... assuming tdougherty81 has lockers in those rockjocks...

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Count me in for the experienced group! I'll be the one pulling Nick over anything he can't get over!
Muahaha theres my boy. You might not have to so much this time around :cheesy:
We will see what the "experienced group" guys have. If everyone is running open diffs and 35s (no offense) it's fun to pull cable for a few jeeps, but if EVERYONE needs a tug up, it's going to take FOREVER! Maybe Granite_head can keep rig specs in the original post so it's easier?

Thats actually a great idea. Lets everyone know what we're equipped with. As you said, that is a LONG trail, and would be that much longer/ton of work to winch everyone up and out constantly.

Exodus 4x4

So far it looks like everyone has lockers though... assuming tdougherty81 has lockers in those rockjocks...

I'll add the required 1 locker. Hopefully I'll have 2 by then.

Napalm

Muahaha theres my boy. You might not have to so much this time around :cheesy:

Thats actually a great idea. Lets everyone know what we're equipped with. As you said, that is a LONG trail, and would be that much longer/ton of work to winch everyone up and out constantly.

How will FM TRO fare for stock rigs(sports)? Looks like so far that's what my group will be so I'm trying to play it safe for the newbies for the first trail or two.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
How will FM TRO fare for stock rigs(sports)? Looks like so far that's what my group will be so I'm trying to play it safe for the newbies.

Should be fine for the most part, the larger obsticals will have bypasses. You will scratch skids though, and MAY need a tug or two... but nothing that would stop you dead. :thumb: but yeah, it's a level 3 at best, up to a 5 depending on trail conditions. But there are areas to pull out of the trail if it gets to be to much.

Top Bottom