THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED - Part 2 : Adventures on the Pony Express Trail

Battlebornjk

Seen you guys drive by Wednesday afternoon in Kingston. I told my son and friend "Hey there's the wayalife people". There's allot of unspoiled country down there, awesome area for sure. If you put a trip together down there would definitely be interested 😎

Great pics! I loved the beauty, the streams, and the hot tubs. What a beautiful area. I can almost visualize the pony express going thru there. Thanks for sharing. :yup:

I love your trips Eddie! I'm a desert rat from Nevada as well, I spent my childhood exploring southern and central Nevada on horseback. Now I'm rediscovering all those old CCC roads, mining roads and cattle trails. I don't have rig like Moby but my little Renegade TH is tons of fun exploring Nevada's deserts and Mountains.

jeeeep

Hooked
that's awesome! makes me really miss the open land.

So much to see and seems to change year to year.

Thanks for the ride-along! :thumb:

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Damn wayalife.......I'm going to have to buy a plane ticket and find a Jk to rent to drive out one day.:thumb::thumb:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Another fantastic write up! I can only imagine how gorgeous the open land looks in person. [emoji106]

Rubiconster

Pix and the detailed history are amazing. Can't get enough of that. You discover these trails through old books and maps that you've collected?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that looks like an incredible trip!

Looked like an awesome trip! So much cool stuff out there! Thanks for sharing

Glad you like what you're seeing. Hope to get you two out there soon :thumb:

Looks like another awesome trip. I dig the "future party spot" too!

LOL!! Someone who knows what I'm talking about :D

Seen you guys drive by Wednesday afternoon in Kingston. I told my son and friend "Hey there's the wayalife people". There's allot of unspoiled country down there, awesome area for sure. If you put a trip together down there would definitely be interested 😎

No kidding? I'm sorry that we didn't stop to say hello. Outstanding country out there for sure - do you live out in Kingston?

Great pics! I loved the beauty, the streams, and the hot tubs. What a beautiful area. I can almost visualize the pony express going thru there. Thanks for sharing. :yup:

Glad you enjoyed the pics and that you've been out on trails like this with us in the past. Looking forward to seeing you and Tom soon :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So much cool stuff to see out there, thanks for showing us a lil of it.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing the trip!

great pics, thanks for sharing! I really need to take a trip out west, it looks amazing out there!

Awesome Pics! looks incredible out there. :thumb:

Looks like another great adventure. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome photos!

Amazing trip, thanks for sharing

Thanks guys, so glad you liked the post and seeing some of what we have out here. :cool:

I love your trips Eddie! I'm a desert rat from Nevada as well, I spent my childhood exploring southern and central Nevada on horseback. Now I'm rediscovering all those old CCC roads, mining roads and cattle trails. I don't have rig like Moby but my little Renegade TH is tons of fun exploring Nevada's deserts and Mountains.

eh, you don't need a rig like Moby for most of this stuff. We'd done a lot of exploring in our Renegade too :yup:

that's awesome! makes me really miss the open land.

So much to see and seems to change year to year.

Thanks for the ride-along! :thumb:

Amazingly, a lot of what you see out here hasn't changed at all in over 150 years. That's kind of what makes it so cool - you get to see it exactly as the emigrants saw it back then. :yup:

Damn wayalife.......I'm going to have to buy a plane ticket and find a Jk to rent to drive out one day.:thumb::thumb:

LOL!! If you do it, you'll have to let me know :cool:

Another fantastic write up! I can only imagine how gorgeous the open land looks in person. [emoji106]

It's funny, I had a guy from back east drive through some of this country on his way out to do the Rubicon. He said that he hated that part of the drive because there was "nothing to see". Of course, that's what I love most about it out here - there's nothing to see but wide open country and the horizon beyond :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pix and the detailed history are amazing. Can't get enough of that. You discover these trails through old books and maps that you've collected?

Yup. Been collecting old books and maps for well over 25 years now. The best source of good information and with any luck, stuff that will never find itself on the internet :yup:

Beautiful place Nevada is. Thanks for letting us in on the ride!

Glad you enjoyed them :cool:

Top Bottom