This is why so many people talk shit about wayalife

:cheesy: My are we sensitive today...Might want to lighten up a tad. Course you kinda went Defcon 1 with the "no wonder people talk shit" comment.
FYI - No one here cares what "others" think.

Howdy folks, I get this forum. Received my share of "you're a retard,"' insults. Each of us chooses to go with the flow or get upset. Like any other forum I participate in, well, I participate here as able. There's a lot of value in the info and relationships to be had here.

What I've never understood is, since it is made very clear a major part of this forum's existence is to support the Wayalife business (and related), is why folks think it's cool to incinerate new folks. Yes, some bring it on themselves, but I think it's also a group sport for a few folks, actually. Watch a Wayalife video and then visit the forum, you get two totally different impressions. It's like taking a sharp left turn. This sort of behavior puts a cap on growth (desired?); doesn't seem to make sense.

Of course, perhaps I'm just too logical. After all, Eddie endorses it, so clearly I'm missing something.

Howdy folks, I get this forum. Received my share of "you're a retard,"' insults. Each of us chooses to go with the flow or get upset. Like any other forum I participate in, well, I participate here as able. There's a lot of value in the info and relationships to be had here.

What I've never understood is, since it is made very clear a major part of this forum's existence is to support the Wayalife business (and related), is why folks think it's cool to incinerate new folks. Yes, some bring it on themselves, but I think it's also a group sport for a few folks, actually. Watch a Wayalife video and then visit the forum, you get two totally different impressions. It's like taking a sharp left turn. This sort of behavior puts a cap on growth (desired?); doesn't seem to make sense.

Of course, perhaps I'm just too logical. After all, Eddie endorses it, so clearly I'm missing something.

Everything was pretty tame, until post 14

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've asked similar questions. Read this thread and it may shed some more light.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=35676

--------------------------------------------------------
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

It does? :thinking:

I don't feel the same way. I feel like the people on wayalife are MUCH better than any other forum, and when entitled asshats come on the forum, they show their true colors quickly. It's refreshing in a world where every tip toes around in fear of hurting someone's feelers to find a community that has a common interest, is genuine, and doesn't want to let that go to the wayside in exchange for more members. Growing is GREAT! but at what cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Most of the time there's just fun sarcastic humor. And the posters bring it on themselves. If someone can't get past that, it may not be the best forum for them. I agree times it is a little harsh, but most of the time it's just guys being guys.

After all, Eddie endorses it, so clearly I'm missing something.

Since it always seems to be missed, WAYALIFE was never established to be some kind of popularity contest where "growth" was our primary objective. As luck would have it, Cindy and I have worked hard over the years and have done well enough for ourselves that making this into a "business" simply isn't necessary. WAYALIFE is and always has been our home on the internet. We offer up this forum and all the information on it for guests like yourself to use and 100% FREE of charge. If you or anyone here doesn't like the way we choose to run it, I'll be sure to send you a full refund as venture off to another forum that is made more in your image. What does seem clear to me is that you're choosing to see what you want to see. Me, I saw members engaging in a pretty light hearted conversation before the OP decided to go full-retard and if me not giving them grief for doing a whole lot of nothing is some kind of an endorsement, my name is Eddie and I support their cause.

I appreciate your weighing in Eddie. As someone some distance away it's not easy to understand everything going on. Hence my post. No need to reinvent;). After all folks can always change the channel.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Since it always seems to be missed, WAYALIFE was never established to be some kind of popularity contest where "growth" was our primary objective. As luck would have it, Cindy and I have worked hard over the years and have done well enough for ourselves that making this into a "business" simply isn't necessary. WAYALIFE is and always has been our home on the internet. We offer up this forum and all the information on it for guests like yourself to use and 100% FREE of charge. If you or anyone here doesn't like the way we choose to run it, I'll be sure to send you a full refund as venture off to another forum that is made more in your image. What does seem clear to me is that you're choosing to see what you want to see. Me, I saw members engaging in a pretty light hearted conversation before the OP decided to go full-retard and if me not giving them grief for doing a whole lot of nothing is some kind of an endorsement, my name is Eddie and I support their cause.

With this being said, I have seen you at least a couple of times give negative feedback to a sponsor when it is appropriate, because you value honesty and integrity over the money, popularity, and politics. That's the way it should be. :thumb:

Ok, allow me to weigh in here since after all this is a thread I started and the shit talking is about me lol I have always, for a lack of better words, looked up to Eddie and Cindy for their videos/information in the jeep world. For the longest time I could care less about jeeps, a few years ago after watching some of the videos it made me want one, first a Tj then I purchased a Jk. So its safe to say they're the reason I have one today. Was my comment about Wayalife out of line? Very. But all I've ever heard or read about the Wayalife forum (users not the owners) has been nothing but negative. I was on another forum the other day looking at tech articles about dana 60 swaps or swapping the stock dana 30 out for a 44, no useful information on that site what so ever. So I came to Wayalife. Yes my first post was about looking for a dana 44 (it was on my mind), I DID check the rules and FAQ section because on another forum it clearly states inactive members were not allowed to post in classifieds. I checked Wayalife's out and at the time said no posting items for sale, but it DID NOT say anything about posting in the 'wanted' section, so I did, then continued on throughout the forum searching tech threads and commenting on other threads. My statement was not about the guy with the yellow jeep (sorry cant remember your user ID) but the other, "this is not craigslist"... obviously its not. Suddenly it seemed as if everything I've heard about Wayalife forum (again, not the owners) were true, running off, not being helpful etc., so I got defensive, yes, the sarcasm with the looking under a Rubicon and so on is just funny, bullshit is bullshit I get that. I posted this thread BEFORE commenting on other threads and such as I was doing. What difference does it make if a fellow jeeper is needing a part and cant find it but hasn't been on for years and commented or posted numerous threads? I thought this community was supposed to be helping. You do not know everyones intentions from the start, it would be an entire different story if I had went on to post several other threads or inquiries about buying an axle after this one, then yes obviously there would be different intentions.

Top Bottom